Unable to use the network adapter 1.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by WimDS, Jan 10, 2009.

1. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

After a new install of OS X Leopard i've installed Parallels again and this is what i get when i start Vista in Parallels:

[​IMG]

What can i do please?

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Could you please send a problem report using menu "Help"->"Report a Problem" and post its number here?

3. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

Your problem report has been sent to the Parallels Support team with id 28593.

Thank you for sending a report to Parallels. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve the product. You can learn your problem status by sending an inquiry with the problem report ID to Parallels Support.

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

according to the log, there is a conflict of versions.
    For some reason some components were left from the previous version.
    Please uninstall the Parallels Desktop and install it again.
    To do it, please click on ParallelsDesktop.dmg (the downloaded from Parallels image with installation) and chose Uninstall. Then install it again

This should work.

5. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

Yup, that does. Thanks a lot! :)

6. Steve Winter

Steve Winter Bit poster

Having the same problem

I've experienced pretty much exactly the same issue. I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling, twice now, and it still doesn't work.

One potential difference which I'm seeing is when I start up a virtual machine I get this message;
    One or more kernal components loaded on your Mac are for another version of Parellels Desktop....

I've logged a ticket (#537939) and would appreciate assistance urgently.

7. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

please try http://kb.parallels.com/en/6317

8. Steve Winter

Steve Winter Bit poster

Eric,

Thanks for the reply I did discover that kb article however it contains a warning which explicitly says;

so did not follow it as I have build 3846.

However I'm pleased to report that following your advice I have now run the Cleanup Kernel Extensions utility from that page and can report that after a re-start I was able to start my VMs and resolve all network issues.

Thanks
    Steve