My Documents Desktop NOT accessible please help

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mydanes, Dec 28, 2008.

1. mydanes

mydanes Member

I get the error \\.psf\Home\Documents is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
    THe network path was not found

I am not sure what exactly I did to screw this up - it used to work and now it does NOT which is a huge problem - installs fail (software apps) that are trying to write to the doc folder etc. PLEASE help me figure out what I might have changed on my IMAC to cause this problem.

THank you so much.

Attached Files:

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

If you receive this after suspend /resume,
    We are working on this case

3. mydanes

mydanes Member

You guys are THE BEST

I have been BEATING my head against the wall (almost literally) and finally decided to post. I started using Suspend since it was so 'fast' and did not seem to cause any issues with anything I utilize ;) Now I know if I will require my My Docs/desktop for anything SHUT DOWN!!!! I tested and you are 100% on the money!

THanks Parallels for not only a GREAT product but also such AWESOME people that are diligent in assisting those of use with questions!

4. mydanes

mydanes Member

Ok - I played around with this today. Most of the time this is accurate in that my connection is a problem only after a Suspend action. However, after a 'normal' shutdown and then 'start' action - I can access my docs/desktop etc. then after a period of time I lose this I can't seem to get my hands around some variable causing this. If I reboot it comes back again so I can work around it but would love to understand what would be causing the 'drop off'. Thanks so much in advance. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Parallels??? I could not live without it in my world! I am a SqlServer, Oracle DBA (consultant) and it is invaluable!

5. John@Parallels

Please wait we are working on fix

6. mydanes

mydanes Member

Thank you John! Please advise at your convenience! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

7. mydanes

mydanes Member

John as a quick reply to this I installed release 3810 but I am still experiencing this problem both a. from a 'suspend' and also from a clean 'startup' the connections 'fall off'

Thanks and hopefully this gets resolved in the near future

8. John@Parallels

9. mydanes

mydanes Member

I will do that today - will let you know the outcome - Thank you John.

10. mydanes

mydanes Member

I opened ticket with id 28700.

11. John@Parallels