Windows 7 Beta 1 Build 7000

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GMB1, Dec 28, 2008.

1. keokhen

keokhen Bit poster

Parallels Tools error

I get this error every time I try to install parallels tools:
    [​IMG]

I am doing this so my networking will work. I am running Parallels 4.0, Build 4.0.3810.
    Windows Beta 7 Build 7000, Installed as windows 7 experimental On a MacBook Pro.

any help is appreciated.

2. trustme99

trustme99 Bit poster

The only suggestion I can offer, which may be useless, is use Shared Networking if you are not. And I have no idea if that actually makes a difference. But I was able to get a clean install working, networking audio... though I have disabled 3d acceleration because QT would cause the VM to hang. And I have disabled USB because I do not need USB in Win7.

Side note, I suggest doing this link:
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/windows_logo_key.htm

I hate that every time I Command-tab out of the VM the start menu pops up... so I disable the Windows logo button. I do run in Window mode because I like to keep the windows separate.

3. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

Thanks, but I haven't had any problem with sound in 32 bit...worked out of the box. The problem is all with 64 bit. Several people on various forums say what they have done to get sound working, but don't specify whether 64 or 32. I will try your idea in 64 bit anyway.

4. lindy370

lindy370 Bit poster

Parallels Tools Installation

I am running Parallels 3 build 5626, with 32bit windows 7 under the Other-Windows 2008 option and cannot install parallels tools - I get the message "Parallels Tools can be automatically installed only if you use NT -based Windows system...install Parallels Tools manually" I tried checking the manual as suggested, but it doesn't really say how to install manually.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Search for drivers VEN_8086&DEV_2445 SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio for 64 bit OS

6. Hardtarget

Hardtarget Bit poster

that is disappointing, I just bought version 3 right before 4 came out and I really don't want to pay for the program again (even at upgrade price)

7. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

Thanks for the input !

I have googled every combination of 'SoundMAX' '8086' '2445' 'audio' 'driver' '64 bit' I can think and have not found a driver.

If you could give me any more pointers I would be very grateful!

Mike

8. lindy370

lindy370 Bit poster

All I had to do to update the sound drivers was run Windows Update. They work fine after that.

9. tonyl

tonyl Bit poster

Graphics

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but noted those referring to graphics problems so I hope I'm not restating stuff.
    After disabling the configuration - video - enable 3d acceleration as tinyblob suggested, the games work, the "Windows Experience" control panel runs to completion and the VM appears to be generally snappier and more useable.

10. brilang

brilang Bit poster

Parallels Tools, Parallels Desktop 3.0 and Windows 7 Beta 1

I've been able to get Windows 7 Beta 1 installed in a Parallels Desktop 3.0 VM. Unfortunately, I am unable to install the Parallels Tools on this machine.
    First I get an AutoPlay message asking what to do with the "CD" that was inserted when I told the Parallels to Install the Parallels Tools. Then I get a User Account Control message asking permission to run PrlTools.exe and I clicked Yes. The Installation wizard starts and then crashes with an Error:
    How do I get Parallels Tools installed on Windows 7 Beta 1 on Parallels Desktop 3.0?

11. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

Was that in 64 bit or 32bit ? (see my earlier comment....I have no sound problem in the 32 bit version, problem is with 64 bit....driver update not working.)

Thanks

Mike

12. VintageGeek

VintageGeek Member

Windows 7 Audio Driver via Update Does the Trick

Similar change for me. I dis-enabled 3D acceleration in Parallels drop down menu. And when I started Windows 7 (32 bit on MacBook) WindowsUpdate said I had one update necessary. It was the new audio driver for Intel. After these two changes I've been able to play AVI Movie Files in Windows Media Player w/o issue.

13. VintageGeek

VintageGeek Member

Quicktime for Windows 7 Beta

Anyone able to get Quicktime to function with audio and video? I dis-enabled the 3D acceleration and at least it doesn't lock up my Windows 7 session anymore.

14. VintageGeek

VintageGeek Member

VLC in Windows 7 for .mov files

Downloaded VLC for Windows and it played .mov files nicely on Windows 7.

15. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

For possible benefit of others I solved my 64 bit sound problem by installing the AC'97 Vista driver from ftp://152.104.238.19/pc/audio/6285_Vista_APO_PG536.zip.

As previously, I got horribly distorted sound.

Then I clicked on the volume icon in the tray, clicked on "mixer", switched to "Realtek Digital output".....all came good.

I am puzzled because previously I had looked for such options without success. The only other thing I did differently this time was to remove the folder called "Vista" from the installer package, leaving just the equivalent "Vista 64" folder, as there was some indication that it had been installing the 32 bit version before. May or may not be relevant.

16. Parsingphase

Parsingphase Bit poster

Yep, that works

Just did this (including removal of the Vista directory) and had complete success (I had no sound before, and a complaint when trying to play an MP3 that "No sound output is configured"). Only thing I'd clarify is that the way I disabled the speakers, to get non-corrupt sound, is to *right*-click the speaker icon that appears in the right-hand-side of the toolbar after you've installed the drivers, then hit "Playback devices" in the popup menu, the set the Realtek digital output as default (and I then disabled the speaker option for completeness).

Nice one Mike - I'm very impressed with this as a Beta so far.

(NB: Post applies to win7 build 7000, 64 bit, //'s 4 build 3810)

17. MrMacHead

MrMacHead Member

I have just completed the install using Parallels 4 and had a quick look at Windows 7. Setup and install was very easy and I like what I see so far.

Sound works OK, as does network, internet and sharing files with the Mac side.

After suspending, Windows did not resume properly and I had to do a reset.

18. Snooters

Snooters Bit poster

thank you this worked for me.

edit - one thing i noticed, when i restart, or for other unknown reasons, it goes back to the the default ouput. i can't get digital output to stick. but at least it's somewhat of a workaround.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  19. eread

eread Member

And what month was that? People on here are getting free upgrades if they purchased version 3 recently.

20. eread

eread Member

You can't. Only on PD4. However, most of the drivers will go in manually if you select Vista Drivers. Just manually browse the PD tools CD when you bring it up. Warning - many drivers are background installed - there is no noticeable activity unless you have the Driver Manager open.

However, you'll have a much better time on PD4. I've tried both.