openSUSE 11.1 KDE4 and shared folders

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by mfreidel, Dec 31, 2008.

1. mfreidel

mfreidel Member

I have openSUSE 11.1 KDE4 running in v4-3540 but can't access my shared folders. I see them in the /media file but when I click it says access denied. I have access to my shared folders in my Debian 4r6 and Ubuntu 8.10 installations but not this one. I have modified the /etc/fstab file and added "users,uid-1000, gid=100" (my uid and gid) but no luck. Deleted the "uid and gid" stuff so just had "Defaults,users" (which is how my Debian and Ubuntu installations are set up) but no luck. Any thoughts??

2. mkl0815

mkl0815 Bit poster

I have the same problem to. The directory "/media/psf" has the correct owner, but all file within are belonging to the user "root", so this may be the problem.
    But how did you manage the installation of the parallels-tools on suse 11.1? I can install the tools without error but it seems that the X-Server is not correctly configured.

3. mfreidel

mfreidel Member

Build 3810 fixes

I just installed Build 3810 and did not have to go through all of the issues the first time I installed PTools 4. Now it installs real easy (just open a root terminal, mount the CD image and run the install from the root terminal - ran perfect). It also fixes the access to the shared files. I noticed some changes in the /etc/fstab file that appears to fix all of the access issues.

Give the new build a try.

4. mkl0815

mkl0815 Bit poster

Thanks,

the new Build seems to work, but i'm not sure if the correct X-server is running, because the /etc/X11/xorg.conf was not changed. Sound is also a unsolved problem.

Mario.

5. mac-addict

mac-addict Bit poster

Also sound Issue

I also have the sound card issue with Opensuse 11.1 and Parallels 4 (Build 3810). How can this be fixed?

6. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Sound should be detected during setup
    Parallels Tools are not installing sound driver for openSuse,
    Please check that sound is enabled and connected in Configure dialog window

7. mac-addict

mac-addict Bit poster

Sound is enabled and connected, just as you wrote (same config which works on OpenSuse 11.0). Do you have any other advice so that OpenSUSE 11.1 recognizes the sound card of the virtual machine?

8. mac-addict

mac-addict Bit poster

Ok... Sound works now. Didn't do anything except start the VM am few times.... Issue solved.