Eclipse image editor crashes Windows VM BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by dhjdhj, Dec 8, 2008.

1. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

If I try to edit an image with Eclipse, the image editor opens but before it can open the image (which is tiny by the way, 30x20 pixels), parallels does a BSOD ---- it doesn't stay long enough for me to capture but it has something to do with "prlvideo" (at lease I saw something that looks like that)

I'm using the latest 3.x build. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Thanks,
    David

(nb, switching to 4.x is not an option until until the speed problems are resolved)

2. estrelnikov

estrelnikov Parallels Team

Please create a problem report -- start Parallels Desktop, in the top Parallels Desktop menu choose 'Help' -> 'Report a Problem', enter your description of the problem, Name and Contact E-mail, click 'Send Report', after clicking 'Send Report' you will get window with the message 'Your problem report has been sent to the Parallels Support team with id XXXXX.'. Reply it thread with its ID

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please paste here BSOD, and also URL to Eclipse image editor

4. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

I would if I could get the BSOD to stay up long enough for me to be able to do a screen shot but it almost immediately restarts.

I have found one or two other cases where doing something in Eclipse has caused a BSOD --- doesn't seem to be general problem, i.e, I can leave parallels running for days with other apps with no problem, but something that eclipse is doing makes Parallels unhappy.

5. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

I wonder if the following might be of help debugging this --- I've been playing with Matisse (a GUI builder plugin for Eclipse). When I try to open a GUI form, Eclipse offers to switch me to the Matisse "perspective" (which has some graphics stuff in it). I've discovered that this works fine if I am running Parallels in a single window. However, if I switch to Full Screen and do the same thing, Eclipse instantly dies. I've also noted that if I am in a single window with the Matisse perpective open and THEN try to switch to Full Screen, Eclipse dies instantly.

This is on a Mac Pro laptop.

6. John@Parallels

Do you have Java updates installed?
    I remember situation, when Java update resolved situation with scrolling

7. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

I have a lot of different versions of Java on my machine, since I'm doing Java development these days. Are you thinking that something in Java, perhaps related to image processing, is responsible for causing BSOD? If so, why only in Parallels?
    Cheers,
    D

8. John@Parallels

I still have no information, for URL to Eclipsa Image Editor, and for BSOD actual error to suggest you something