Windows 7 Beta 1 Build 7000

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GMB1, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

I had the same problem. There's a default option in the Sound/Manage audio devices/Playback control panel to make Realtek digital output the default instead of Speakers.

Mike

2. John Michael

John Michael Bit poster

I Cant Connect to the Internet

What settings do I need because i cant connect but my mac side does perfectly.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Install Parallels Tools, it will install Network driver, and will enable Parallels Tools, and you can use Shared Folders

4. Snooters

Snooters Bit poster

ah, awesome thanks for the tip.

5. ebaydan777

ebaydan777 Bit poster

sound doesnt work =/

6. VintageGeek

VintageGeek Member

Win 7 Program Icons still in Mac Dock

When I leave my Windows 7 session there are WindowsParallel Program Icons in the Mac Dock. I just double click them and they disappear. Anyone else seeing this? Just curious.

7. david.f.one

david.f.one Bit poster

8. hellfried

hellfried Junior Member

does anyone have problem with this error message that pops up when booting into the desktop? it also pops up when i am trying to save some downloads onto the desktop.

Windows cannot access \\.psf\Home\Desktop

9. hellfried

hellfried Junior Member

error message

does anyone here see this error message when booting into the desktop and also when trying to save a download onto the desktop?

Windows cannot access \\.psf\Home\Desktop

10. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

I should check the permissions on your desktop file.

11. hellfried

hellfried Junior Member

err how do i do that?

12. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

In OSX, navigate to your desktop folder:

MacIntosh HD/Users/"yourname"/desktop

Right click on the folder, select "get info" from the drop down which appears

Look down at the bottom of the window which appears "Sharing and Permissions"

If yourname doesn't have read write permission that might be the problem

If it doesn't you can click the padlock and make changes.

I don't know that this is your problem but it is what I would look at first.

13. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

Further to my previous post on this (not appeared yet), I tried downloading from IE in Windows straight to the Mac desktop, and it worked fine, so I suspect a permissions problem on your machine.

14. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please try to reinstall Parallels Tools
    Also disable enable Shared Profile, deleting Parallels Shared Folder from Desktop

15. hellfried

hellfried Junior Member

help

shared profile is greyed out and it say that it is not available for the guest os. also i checked and i have read and write permission for the desktop folder.

16. mwfielder

mwfielder Bit poster

Parallel tools

How do I install Parallel Tools? I downloaded Parallels from the website, and don't have a CD. I select "install parallels tools" from the drop down under virtual machine. Then I get the initial installation pop up. I click continue, and nothing happens.

Also, FWIW, I can't get anything to run in Windows 7. I select on Control Panel and get an error. Click on documents and get an error.... i downloaded it straight from the site (microsoft) and it used to run somewhat (but never got the tools installed). Do I need to reinstall? (how?) Sorry for all the questions, I'm a parallels newbie....

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  17. galochka

galochka Hunter

mwfielder,

To install Parallels Tools please do the following:
    1) start Virtual Machine
    2) click on Virtual Machine (Parallels Desktop Menu on the top) -> install Parallels Tools
    3) restart VM

18. mwfielder

mwfielder Bit poster

Nothing happens when I click on "Install Parallels Tools" (see my edit above). I stopped and restarted the VM...

19. galochka

galochka Hunter

In this case please do the following:

1)Click on the Start button->Control Panel->Add/Remove programs->and check if there is Remove Parallels Tools option there.If there is such an option remove it.
    2)Then restart your Windows OS

3)Open your Mac finder ->Library->Parallels->Parallels Tools Folder-> prl-tools.win.iso file and attach it to your CD/ DVD room. In order to do this you need to start your Virtual Machine and in the top menu bar select Devices tab->CD/DVD room->Connect ISO image and select that file.

20. mwfielder

mwfielder Bit poster

Maybe this is my problem. Under Library->Parallels-> there is no Parallels Tools Folder. How can I get this? Reinstall Parallels?