Problem Installing Windows Proprietary Software.......

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by afd116, Jan 21, 2009.

1. afd116

afd116 Bit poster

I just purchased a new IMac for my home office. I have always used pc's in the past but a few years ago went to mac. However, there is one piece of software that I run on the pc that is pc based. After setting up the new IMac, in which I ordered with Parallels installed, I cannot load the pc based software. Every time I insert the disc it give the error message "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). Click on K to terminate this application."

What am I doing wrong. This is my first experience with Parallels and I need to figure this out. Soon!!!

Thanks,

Todd

2. bi11

bi11 Hunter

You need to add more information. What piece of software that is failing would be a good start.

3. afd116

afd116 Bit poster

The software is a piece that is related to the funeral industry, not something you have probably heard of. However, while looking something else up in the booklet that came with Parellels, I think I may have run across the solution. As stated earlier my new IMac came with Parellels installed, but I think I may need to configure the virtual machine for the D drive. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the quick response!

Todd

4. afd116

afd116 Bit poster

The D drive was already configured. I have trouble shot the problem and I've officially run into a wall. Any suggestions? I still keep getting the same error message. And yes, I have tried it again the other office pc's and it works fine. It appears I have glitch somewhere on the IMac.....any suggestions?

Todd

5. afd116

afd116 Bit poster

I have installed the .Net files from Microsoft. The program appears to be loading now!!!!

Thanks!!!

6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Parallels is a virtualization software that lets you virtualize an operating system, the operating system you are running in the virtual machine is probably a Windows version with which your specific software isn't able to run on. Maybe the Windows version you're running under Parallels is Vista or XP and the software only works with Windows 95/98. What Windows versions are on the other machines and what version is the Windows you're running in Parallels?