Parallels 4 Opinions

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Keegers, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Keegers

Keegers Member

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if any one could let me know their honest opinion about Parallels 4. I have read most of the posts here about different things, but I just wanted to see if we can consolidate things a bit.

I work for a company who currently uses Parallels 3 and we are using the forums to evaluate Parallels 4. We know that most people come here for help and to complain about the product, but one of the most important parts about a product is the customer service that is provided to help its customers.

So please post any comments (good, bad, indifferent) about Parallels 4.

Thank you for your time,
    Keegan

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Why you do not just try it in test lab?

3. Keegers

Keegers Member

We just bought 2 copies, but I wanted to get some actual users opinions.

4. Vigilant

Vigilant Member

The truth of the matter is is that it depends on how you use it, and how you configure it.

I've had PD4 run phenomenally, only to have it crash and burn quickly. I am giving this current build an honest go of it to see how it runs. With stock settings, if you are doing production work, on a new Macbook, with 4GB's of memory, and 1GB of memory allocated it runs like a dog. Right now with 1GB of memory, running in coherence with 128MB of memory allocated to video, 3D support disabled, and drop shadows disabled I'm getting performance that is about on par with the competitors. I fear though that as I've seen in the past, as I use this VM, the performance will quickly fade.

5. Keegers

Keegers Member

Thank you for the setting suggestions. I'll give those a shot, whenever my copy gets here.