Running Batch File From Mac

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BrianHV, Aug 13, 2007.

1. BrianHV

BrianHV Bit poster

There is a batch file on my Windows XP guest OS that I would like to be able to run from the Mac side (and obviously have it execute in Windows). I'd like to ultimately be able to start the batch file from LaunchBar. Can anyone tell me a way to do that?

2. pendolino

pendolino Member

im also interested to do this in parallels v4. any ideas?

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

4. pendolino

pendolino Member

thanks . i took a look at that post and there is one issue, however, in that the link from OSX to the windows batch file works but the name when i launch from quicksilver that appears in the command pane is a generic name for the application and not the title of the app package as i had renamed it.

this makes it confusing when i am creating a few batch files to be launched from OSX.

any ideas on the setting to change the name as displayed? (the name in 'finder' is fine and i checked the 'info' pane but nothing to change there)

5. John@Parallels

You can create several copies of that application and rename it to name you want

6. pendolino

pendolino Member

i did that (renaming app in finder) but when i select the app in quicksilver it uses the old name (microsoft outlook) instead of something like 'outlook inbox' etc. seems that OSX Package has some built-in name within the package contents that also needs to be manually changed.

anyone know what it is?

7. John@Parallels

Yes, it is in info.plist

8. pendolino

pendolino Member

John - thanks but can i kindly ask where in the plist file I can change the setting that controls the name of the package?

(update - this seems to be working now for some reason without me changing much. could be a quicksilver issue.)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  9. Neil Baldwin

Neil Baldwin Bit poster

I need an answer to this question too.

I've looked at the linked post but I cannot find a " 'Windows Application Folder' under Parallels " so I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be copying and editing to achieve the same result. The explanation is not very clear.

I'm on Parallels Desktop 4 (Leopard).

Thanks,

Neil

10. PBill1

PBill1 Bit poster

Anyone know if it possible to specify command-line options to the Windows Command Processor from my Parallels shortcut?