Improved USB Support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Michael, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Michael

Michael Bit poster

Hi
    I' moving from a physical PC to Parallels. USB Support seems pretty limitied for my SATA in USB enclosure drive. I didn't find a way to make the drive usable in my new built XP.
    I map the Parallels folder to a XP drive for download folders such as mozilla and other tools; I plan to map tmp and friends the same way. Please provide

make USB work!
    clearer interface connecting and especially disconnecting a USB device
    more than two devies
    USB 2 support

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks for suggesting - we are working on it.

3. HWgeek

HWgeek Junior Member

I second this, as I work with Video files, and (sadly) there are a few things that I need to do on the PC (checking compatibility seems to be all to often one of those things)
    Having my USB Hard drives (both Parallel ATA and Serial ATA flavors) correctly mount and be usable would be a huge plus.

4. neffs

neffs Bit poster

there are some timing problems with usb, i think
    i use this phone, which has an usb connector for programming the phone (no problems), for programming the pbx (sometimes problems) and for dialup connections (never works, it dials but i always get an error message while windows tries to authenticate).

i'd really like to use the dialup connections because i need them to remote administrate PBXes. now i always have to reboot and use boot camp which is annoying.

5. dmgwork

dmgwork Member

I would vote for this too

6. stevesteffler

stevesteffler Bit poster

Heck yes! "Me too!" *grin* My Apple USB modem (shipped with MacBook Pro) is necessary for the task I need to install Parallels for (sending my company's payroll via dial-up to our payroll service provider which uses a dusty old 16 bit windows 3.x app).

That's a whole other subject though. Still, if there were stronger USB support I could get any old Windows-XP supported USB modem, which would be primo.

Steve