Any 10.4.7 issues

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tangential, Jun 27, 2006.

1. tangential

tangential Member

It came out this afternoon.

Has anyone upgraded to it yet.

If so, any impact on Parallels?

2. cdaiger

cdaiger Bit poster

Works fine so far...no issues...

3. ajay

ajay Hunter

Works fine here. No issues that I'm aware of.

4. Tomboman

Tomboman Junior Member

10.4.7 crashes my whole parallels network

hi,

i just updated my mac os x tiger to 10.4.7

since then, my virtual machine doesn't get an ip address... i have "host only networking" and my windows xp tells me that there is a problem with the network... it says there is no perfect connection or no connection at all...

so everything works, but i can't use my network and internet...

does anyone have the same problem or maybe a solution? would be awesome

thanks thomas

5. majortom

majortom Member

Rebuilt permissions? Deleted caches? Resetted PRAM? Try all. I always do so after an upgrade and evetything has alway worked fine. I believe the problem is in OS X not in Parallels.

6. Tomboman

Tomboman Junior Member

thanks tom for helping...

sounds interesting - but i am not such a long mac user (but i will ;-)

how can i do these 3 things?
    i don't even now what a PRAM is.... probably the german language where its called different ;-)

thanks!!

7. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

PRAM is Parameter RAM. To flush it hold Apple Option P and R at startup. Hold them until it chimes 3 times to flush your settings. (This means next-to-nothing on Intel Macs though...)

I can't connect to the internet with Host-Only Networking either. Set it to Bridged Networking and you should be fine.

8. hklagges

hklagges Bit poster

Yes, it seems to impact keyboard handling with Ps/Suse

I installed 10.4.7 and am not so happy (however, I cannot guarantee you 100% that
    the following phenomenon is due to 10.4.7): When you press a key once, occasionally
    it happens that it is transmitted as "many repetitions" of the key. That makes using
    keyboard shortcuts and typing text a major chore. It is outright dangerous with key
    combinations such as ctrl-q (quit) or delete.

Cheers,
    Henrik

9. tangential

tangential Member

I am seeing that exact behavior since the upgrade. It seems to happen whenever the processors are under a load.

10. BrentB

BrentB Member

No problems here with 10.4.7 ::knocks on closely-available wood:: XP, Ubuntu 6.06 and CentOS 4 VMs seem pretty stable.

No sign of the repetition bug here under any of them, although I haven't been putting really heavy load on either XP or Ubuntu (yet).

General post-upgrade troubleshooting advice (in the order I'd try them):
    - Get the combo updater, and re-apply using that. Reboot at least twice afterwards.
    - Repair permissions. Reboot at least once afterwards, and repair again, then reboot.
    - Reset PRAM (Splat-Option-PR at boot as mentioned earlier), reboot normally at least once afterwards.

11. joem

joem Forum Maven

I installed the update and rebooted the Mac, and noticed the Parallels DHCP demon wasn't running. I rebooted the Mac again, and it started. It's required for host only networking, so try a couple of reboots.

BTW, the upgrade broke Pith Helmet (a Safari helper) but there's a new version on their site that works properly.

12. dmgwork

dmgwork Member

10.4.7 works fine

13. conalho

conalho Member

These issues may not be directly related to 10.4.7, but when running one of the Virtual Machines in Parallels, ithe VM does not recognise the iSight camera. Too bad!

14. Tomboman

Tomboman Junior Member

problem solved

solving my problem was actually very easy - i just uninstalled parallels and reinstalled it, and it worked....

however, the host-only network mode does work only after one reboot

maybe this will help other users with the same problem

15. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

No problems with mine. Everything worked fine for a week or so then suddenly one evening in a hotel while not even running parallels my machine decided to kernel panic then would not boot at all.

The debug boot dump seemed to show some kernel extension as having trouble. A gent on Apple discussions suggested I swap the ram around. I did, changing chips to both locations, removing one then the other etc. No difference.

So I booted the install disk (don't leave home without it) and ran the HW test. Thinking I had my first dead MBP I let it set in the HW test for a while then decided to reboot. Up it came. No problems.

Was this a 10.4.7 issue? Doubtful as it ran for a while no problem. I think my RAM chips just loosed up or something. Since then it's been fine.

M