How to make parallels more responsive

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dmgwork, Jun 29, 2006.

1. dmgwork

dmgwork Member

I think if people start posting their problems on other sites, so the people who have not purchased parallels can see them. (because parallels hides the forums until you purchase) they will have to become more responsive

2. persike

persike Member

Is that correct? Typing forum.parallels.com into any browser on any computer by anyone will bring up the forums - regardless of whether you're registered or not.

3. Godrifle

Godrifle Member

The point being...

But then you'd have to know the URL prior to typing it in. Sure, you can guess. But most of the people here got here early on when the forum link was posted on the main site. That's the spirit of his post, I'm quite sure.

4. Banacek

Banacek Member

There's no reason not to have this forum linked from the main site. How are new users supposed to find the forums?

5. engyew

engyew Member

Try using Google. Type in 'parallels forum'. That is how I found this website and started reading about Paralles before I downloaded the eval and eventually purchased it.

6. bartho

bartho Member

There was a discussion of this a while back when they removed the link (there used to be a link under "Support" in the top menu): "Due to a large volume of support requests we removed the links from the site. We think that we should provide the links only to users of the product. It will allow users to asktheir questions and find answers faster.".

Read all about it here http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=1407

7. persike

persike Member

You took the words from my keyboard. Entering "forum parallels" with google brings up this forum as the third hit.