Xandros 4.0

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sjette, Jun 23, 2006.

1. sjette

sjette Bit poster

I have post a similar message on the Xandros side. I am unable to install Xandros 4 within parallels.

I am getting the following error and can't get to the install screen:

Suspend2 2.2 MIssing or invalid storage location (resume2= parameter). Please correct ans rerun Lilo (or equivalent) before suspending.

Error: Can't open /dev/fb0: no such file or directory.

I've tried troubleshooting install within Xandros (no ACPI mode) and was using the Debian mode when creating my Virtual HDD.

Any idea?

Thanks
    Sylvain

2. geyienhk@yahoo.co.uk

geyienhk@yahoo.co.uk Junior Member

If you press the space bar on boot up of the Xandros disk, you will get a list of different install options. I finally got the installation routine going after choosing the "Text Mode Install" option, hitting Tab to see the various options linked to this and setting "acpi=no".

This allowed me to install Xandros within Parallels. HOWEVER, I still can't get it to work. When I boot up the machine, I get the startup menu and hit "Enter" and a bunch of text scrolls by but then it always gets stuck at the hardware detection stage, even if I leave things running for a couple of hours. Have e-mailed Xandros support about this but no joy.

So, can install but can't actually boot in to X4 on Parallels.

3. sjette

sjette Bit poster

Thanks, let me know when you hear back.

4. geyienhk@yahoo.co.uk

geyienhk@yahoo.co.uk Junior Member

After sending Xandros support the error messages I was seeing, I got a brief response saying that this might point to a problem with an inbuilt "winmodem"! I found this ironic, considering that I'm using a Mac and Apple has stopped including modems with the new Intel Macs! Definitely no winmodem here.

In short, Xandros support isn't proving very helpful so I'm leaving this for now - plenty of other Linux distributions that do install well in Parallels to play with! :)