Vm Hard drive - increase size

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Parallels User, Jul 3, 2006.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. Shari.sld

Shari.sld Member

Just went thru this.

Go to this thread:

http://forum.parallels.com/thread3095.html

Go to post#8, post#11, post#12, and post#13

Back up your vm first, then proceed with caution - and that gnome thing looks like it gets stuck - it's just thinking.

Good Luck.

3. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

4. Shari.sld

Shari.sld Member

I'm also total newbie - I worked thru all the steps from the post and I had also printed out the parallels manual that explained to me how to change the VM to use the live cd and then back again. I honestly can't remember - hopefully one of the experts can jump in here and answer your question.

Sorry - Good Luck.

ShariD

5. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

6. speedbird

speedbird Bit poster

Interesting that Virtual PC (running under Windows at least, no experience with the MacOS version) automatically resizes image files and the windows partitions without any of this extra work.

7. mikeshappell

mikeshappell Member

After running Parallels (and opening your VM configuration file) there will be a menu called "Devices". Select that menu and look for the item called "CD/DVD-ROM 1". Choose this item and select "Connect an image" and pick the ISO file you downloaded. Once connected you should be able to start the VM (power on) and boot from the ISO file.

Mike