EVDO support using Dell 5700 Wireless card!!!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Peet, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Peet

Peet Bit poster

Have any of you figured out how to get this thing to work on Parallels - or better yet - OSX?

For those that are curious, inserting it into OSX does nothing. Running the installer in Parallels - says "Not a Dell compatible system" DUH.

What really pi$$es me off though - nothing on dell's site states this prodcut for use on our junkie machines only!

Any help is greatly apprecaited!

Cheers!

2. Peet

Peet Bit poster

Adding additional info myself...

The install I did last night was using a downloaded installer from dell.com - this morning I foudn my CD that came with the card, used it, and it installed. But when I run the software to connect (a la rebranded Verizon VZAccess Manager) it sits at "No Service" Initializing Device. The connect button is grayed out.

What a pain. Wish apple kept the PC Card slot! Anyone?

FWIW - to the Parallels team, this card is a USB connection internally - that's whaty the Apple system profiler says.

3. CodeMonkeys

CodeMonkeys Bit poster

The solution to use Dell 5700 Express card is in evdoforums.com. Search in there. I have my Dell 5700 working on my macbook pro. I use the Internet Sharing solution but there I have issue with DNS server. When I use Internet Connection share, the DNS server address does working correctly:confused: . I have to manually input primary and secondary DNS server address inside the XP. Once I did that, everything work pretty well. Good Luck.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  4. Peet

Peet Bit poster

Thanks for the reply - I saw this on Friday - and unfortunately sent back the card because it wasn't working already :( now I have to wait for VZW to come out with theirs, ah well, maybe by November!