WM5 for all

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by maverick808, Jun 16, 2006.

1. fishrain

fishrain Junior Member

Hello!

I used Robster's USBSwitch.cab-file; I transfered it via Bluetooth on the x51v and installed it. Then I changed the ActiveSync Mode from "RNDIS" into "serial". ....'till there: no problems !!!

After connecting the axim to my MBP the axim is detected by windows: in the device manager I can see "Windows CE USB Device" and in the next line: "Dell Axim USB Sync"...there are no exclamation marks!!!

However ActiveSync indicates "Not connected"...."no partnership".

I ran SyncAlive....but nothing changed!!!??? :confused:

Any suggestions...?????

fishrain

2. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

I think the most important thing is to find a USBSwitch or MS ActiveSync Switch that matches your device. If you don't have it then try updating your firmware as I've noticed more and more manufacturers now including it in the latest firmware.

Otherwise I would try to take it from the most similar device you can find. If people could post me the ORIGINAL USBSwitch that came on their firmware I could host them for each range of devices.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  3. jbbehar

jbbehar Bit poster

700w & Parallels & SyncAlive & PDANet successful EVDO on MacBook

Following this thread, I was able to setup my 700w using ActiveSync (USB Serial) and PDANet from www.junefabrics.com running on Windows 2003 Server inside Parallels Desktop.

I didn't get the throughput I get on my PC using my Verizon Kyocera wireless card on my PC notebook, but it certainly works.

I occasionally get disconnected, and then only a reboot will get me reconnected; apparently once the USB connection thinks it's disconnected (I think it times out or something), there is apparently not a good way to make the virtual machine in Parallels re-detect it.

All in all, a workable solution until Verizon has a USB EVDO modem.

4. oscar

oscar Bit poster

can't get syncalive to work... check parallels USB setting

thanks for providing the app, but I can't get my HTC Wizard to work...

Installed the final version of Parallels + WinXP + Activesync 4.1 on my MacBook, then followed your instructions (installed usbswitch and syncalive) but no results :( Then updated my HTC firmware, tried resetting the mac, etc etc etc but still nothing. The HTC starts charging when connecting it, but ActiveSync doesn't detect anything.

... found the problem... when reinstalling parallels tools i found the device setting (within parallels!) for usb serial mode wizard! easy does it!

thanks for this great app!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  5. fefe

fefe Bit poster

Has anyone managed to get a WM5 "HTC Universal" (aka QTEK 9000, I-mate Jasjar and others) to even syncronize once in parallels XP? :confused:

I have a MBP 2.16, 2 gb, with the final parallels desktop running Win XP SP2 (updated from SP1), with 1 gb RAM assigned.
    My Pocket Loox 720 with WM2003 SE syncronizes perfectly, but the QTEK 9000 won't.
    XP apparently finds the hardware and starts installing the driver for "Windows mobile-based device" but never finishes. When I try to restart the driver is either not installed or it has an exclamation mark where the details says Code 10.

Activesync 4.1 finds nothing.

Have tried to install the switcher and the app, as well as following the instructions written earlier in this thread, but nope... no luck. Hope it's something I could do cause I'd hate to install Boot Camp unless "I have to" :(

UPDATE 07.07.06: Got it working now! Don´t know why it didn´t work earlier.

NOW the big question. Anybody succeeded in synchronizing using bluetooth? (Don´t know if it is OFF-TOPIC)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  6. fishrain

fishrain Junior Member

I phoned with DELL support...indeed there will be soon a new ROM-Update for the DELL Axim x51v wich supports syncing in serial mode...for the english device its the A08, for the german device it will be version A02...the english version is allready out...you can download it on the DELL-site...

7. bhagiratha

bhagiratha Member

hey fishrain, can you direct me to the exact link for dell where that ROM update is located for the X51v model. I check the site but couldn't find it. thanks

8. fishrain

fishrain Junior Member

9. bhagiratha

bhagiratha Member

I finally got my Axim X51v to work and sync via parallels running windows XP Pro. I did the firmware ROM update which brought the system version to A12.

I notice with this new ROM there is now an extra function in : settings ----> connections called "USB to PC".

I didn't need the "serialClient" running on the system. But you need to have syncalive running.

All seems to be working without problems.

Just noticed that a new version of Activesync is available with updated drivers. check it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...3a-28bf-4cac-a682-58d3233efb4c&displaylang=en

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  10. fishrain

fishrain Junior Member

Sounds great! Unfortunateley the german ROM-Update A02 (which corresponds to the english A12) isn't out (til now)....so I have to wait :(

11. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

I'm quite sure the version of the switch app from another language will still function fine. As long as it's the right one for your device there shouldn't be any probs. So if you can get someone to send you the version from the A12 update it should work.

12. fishrain

fishrain Junior Member

Hello maverick808,

apperently it's not so easy as you think: it's not possible to run the english ROM-Update over a german one...with some tricks you can do it...but you loose the guarantee, DELL gives you normally during the first year.
    So I prefere waiting...the DELL guys said it would take some weeks until the german ROM-Update is out!!!!

fishrain

13. akac

akac Hunter

I can't find any setting within Parallels for USB Serial..

14. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

Hi fishrain,

I think you misunderstood me. I was not saying install the new English firmware on your device. I meant if you knew someone who had installed the English firmware update you could get them to send you JUST the switch application itself (not the entire ROM).

15. tekhound

tekhound Bit poster

This is awesome! Got my Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) to work right out of the gate.

Great work and thanks again!:)

16. iMactel

iMactel Bit poster

x51v not syncing

I'v got parallels up and running XP pro. I'm running the A12 firm ware. Parallels recognizes that the pda is plugged in and has a check beside it to show that it should be connected to the VM; however, I can't find any sign that the pda is actually connected and interacting. I tried the USBswitch, but all that does is make it so parallels doesnt even acknowledge it exists as usb. The usb-to-pc program mentioned in settings doesnt do anything for me, it just blinks a white page and then vanishes. I installed parallel tools and saw nothing about usb as serial settings.

What am I missing here?????

Thanks!

edit- I've got sync alive running too. No progress. Parallels looks awesome, but this functionality is what will most likely make the difference in whether I buy the program or not. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  17. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

I've updated SyncAlive so that it no longer causes an annoying exception window to momentarily display when you are shutting down or restarting Windows.

The new version, 0.2, can be downloaded from the original link which was here.

18. ywgckp

ywgckp Bit poster

X51

I'm having trouble getting it to work with my X51.

First off, how did you manage to get the new firmware update installed using parallels? I didn't have any luck with that.

As it stands right now, the X51 shows up in "My Computer", and XP recognizes it when it is plugged in, but ActiveSync is unable to set up a connection.

19. jtenenb

jtenenb Member

Same problem here...any one figure out a solution for the Motorola Q?

20. richlin71

richlin71 Bit poster

i'm also a Q user having the same problem: "Parallels gives me an error dialog that the device is already in use and to wait a few minutes and try again; waiting few minutes does no good - I always get the same error"

help?!