Strange Outlook problem - Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Robster, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Robster

Robster Hunter

Hi

Parallels is runnign brilliant except for one rather large isssue I have just found, although I am ot sure it is a Parallels issue.

Outlook has run fine on Parallels all the time I have had it, both in the office and at hme via VPN.

That is until I was updated to Active Directory.

Now Outlook works perfectly in the office but via VPN I lose emails.

I know they are on the server, I can see them via webmail and on my blackberry but they will not show up in Outlook.

This NEVER happens when I am in the office.

I have a real IBM laptop and this works fine in both locations.

I am trying to get rid of the IBM but cannot until I can find out what is wrong with Outlook in Parallels.

ANY ideas out there????????

Robin

PS I am running bridged Ethernet with Cisco VPN, release version of Parallels, Outlook 2003 both Windows and OSX have all latest patches and releases.

2. Robster

Robster Hunter

So no-one else is having any problems with Outlook under Parallels?

Robin

3. workuser

workuser Bit poster

My experience has been fine with Outlook through Parallels. You can proxy the connection through webmail (if your company supports webmail) and eliminate the need for the VPN. Use the url for your webmail in the proxy setting in the advanced settings of MS Outlook on the PC.

4. marjet

marjet Bit poster

Outlook email does not send all of a sudden.

Outlook email worked fine but stopped suddenly at my office and will not send, however, it does work under mac mail and in the windows bootcamp version on the other partition. It worked fine this morning on parallels but stopped mid afternoon. Has anyone else had this problem, or can someone advise me on what to do.

I fixed the usb syncing issue THANK YOU MAVERICK808. Palm now has the update on their website for the Verion Treo 700w only, I installed it and was able to sync, right away.
    Would just like to fix the outlook email sending issue now.

5. marjet

marjet Bit poster

6. Robster

Robster Hunter

AS I said in my post Outlook was working FINE under Parallels before we did our Active DIrectory update.

It still works fine in the office.

Remotely via VPN however I get LOADS of 'Outlook is trying to communicate with the server' messages popping up and SOME not all emails arrive in my in box.

THis is a REAL pain as a real PC works perfectly and without the pop ups all the time.

Using Webmail is not good enough for me I need the full Outlook client.

Robin

7. Robster

Robster Hunter

I have no idea why but turning off DoS defense on my Router has fixed not only the problem with Outlook not downloading all my emails but it has also stopped me getting "outlook is trying to contact exchange server' pop ups and SIGNIFICANTLY speeded up exchange synchronisation.

Oh well, alls well that ends well.

Robin