BLUETOOTH and USB problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by AMAC, Jun 18, 2006.

1. AMAC

AMAC Bit poster

Hi,

I just installed Parallels and I must say I'm impressed. It is so much easier than Boot Camp.

Although I'm facing some problems and looking forward for some help:

- Bluetooth is not working. I'm trying to connect or my Nokia or my WM5 thrue bluetooth, but it does not work. I don't find any application to show that it is installed (Control Panel).

- I'm having problems with USB, trying to connect same devices. It does not work. I only get a message "USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually".

But it shows USB Nokia 6280 in USB menu.

If somebody can help me on that I would be very happy. Since I was looking forward for Parallels for using ActiveSync and Nokia PC Suite to use with.

Thanks.

2. cun7

cun7 Bit poster

I just put Parallels on a Mac for my boss so that he can do all of his MS work. The installation went smoothly with one exception - his blackberry won't sync. he is using the USB cable to sync rather than bluetooth. Windows will detect the device, but hangs when he tries to sync.
    Also, windows sort of intermittently detects the blackberry. We had to plug it in...wait....unplug it, plug it back in...wait.... About the third time we did that it worked, but still didn't sync. Any suggestions? Anyone else gotten a blackberry to sync? We are using the latest version of desktop manager (at this time it's 4.1).

3. cpphotos

cpphotos Bit poster

Same USB problem with a new HP Printer

I am having the identical problem with an HP printer conecting via USB. Device is recognized but when trying to get parallels to hook it up get the same error code:

USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually.

I have talked to Ben at paralles and he said they are trying to work on the problem and that every USB device could have it's own issues with paralles. He said he would get tech support to get back to me asap. I will post as soon as they do. In the meantime, I am copying and pasting into the Mac environment and printing that way! At least that works.

4. wjmcl

wjmcl Bit poster

Sadly, I have had the same problem. My greatest disappointment is that I have sent two messages to support using the requested Parallels message but after more than a week have not received a reply to either message. This is a great disappointment.

5. AMAC

AMAC Bit poster

I also sent two e-mails to Parallels, and no reply. Then, at third reply issuing my disappointment at their support I got an answer back that they are working on a problem and that I should follow parallalels web site for any news.
    I also wanted my money back but they ignored it as I would not write it.

I have to say that I'm very disappointed at their support. As a customer and buyer of Parallels at least what they could do, is let us now by e-mail that they solved our problem.

As the problem will not be solved soon I will go for my money to be returned.

6. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

One of the possible reasons could be that Blacberry going to sleep during synchronization. As workaround you could try to prevent it pushing buttons each 10 seconds or roll he wheel.
    Our dev team is working on the USB issues.

7. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

AMAC,

I apologize for my colleges from support team - they will contact you soon.

8. kigster

kigster Bit poster

Bluetooth with Nokia 6131 not working

Mac OS-X can see my phone via BlueTooth (although iSync won't recognize the actual device), but in Windows (inside Parallels) I am not seeing any BlueTooth related options in the control panel.

Using Nokia PC Suite to connect, shows error:

Can not use this connection type. Check that all needed hardware, software and drivers are available.

Any idea when this will become available?

Thanks
    Konstantin

9. wjmcl

wjmcl Bit poster

Andrew,

On June 23 you wrote that your colleagues would contact me/us soon. It is July 13 (three weeks since your post) and there has been no contact. What did you mean by "soon"?

10. constant

constant Forum Maven

This here old universe has been around for about fifteen billion years. In relative terms, "soon" could be some time away.

Why don't you guys print via the network sharing method???

11. snoopy

snoopy Junior Member

Parallels is good, but USB-support. If it doesn't work, it's normal. If it works, then you are good luck.

I just have a similar usb problem and I have wasted too much time to find solution of Parallels USB device. So, I would like to suggest you do it on Bootcamp for now, and wait for next Parellels' update.

12. constant

constant Forum Maven

No, just use network printing. It works perfectly, everytime.

13. golfsierra

golfsierra Bit poster

Hi,

I also have problems with connecting a phone using parallels. I am using a SonyEricsson P910i. the connection works fine, but for copying a 30KB mini-picture from phone to deskto it takes more than ONE MINUTE. I dom't have to tell you how long it takes to backup all my 50MB on my phone!!! :-(

14. nutnew

nutnew Bit poster

same problem

Hello;
    I have same problem as all of you. But not mine. It's my friend. he ask my to seeking for the solution. After I raed this forum . The only thing I have to do is KEEP ON WAITING . until got a good news. Hope not too long,right? PARALLELs :D

15. schulzmc

schulzmc Bit poster

I'm presently using Boot Camp (w/ Windows XP Pro SP2) and a Blackberry 8700g and syncing through Bluetooth. I see that some are having problems syncing through USB. Has anyone tried syncing through Bluetooth?

16. Hoyster

Hoyster Bit poster

USB Problems

I'm also getting:

"USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually".

Has some one come up with a fix. I'm trying to connect to my Nextel 7520 Blackberry.

Support please help! Anyone help!

17. ysengrain

ysengrain Bit poster

There, clearly a problem between Parallels and USB. Syncing my P910 lasts more than 4 hours (I don't sync the Memory stick.
    Another problem: when I connect a USB key (64 Mo); it lasts more than one minute till Parallels is able to open it.

18. MacBookPro

MacBookPro Bit poster

I had the same problem with my 8700c blackberry. For another reason, I had to reinstall completely macOSX (reformatting). I installed parallels workstation, and everything works fine (I am able to install applications using the blackberry desktop). The difference between the 2 configurations is that in the previous system, I had installed PocketMac Blackberry. So I guess that what happens is that PM is locking the device before Parallels WS can do anything... I now have installed Boot Camp on a 5 GB partition (I now have 2 windows installations...). Under Boot Camp I can even use the Bluetooth connection between the Blackberry and the "Mac-PC".

19. AMAC

AMAC Bit poster

Hi Guys,

Parallels just issued an Beta Update today. http://www.parallels.com/en/news/id,9454

I was very happy about it, because I was struggling with same problems as you are. In update they announced the USB improvement.

I installed an Update....but disappointing. Connecting Nokia still does not work :(

As it looks we will have to wait for another update. I suspect that they issued this update just to make us come down since there was so many complains Parallels not supporting the USB 100%.

But it should include WM5 full support which I did not checked yet.

Regards.

20. DavidG

DavidG Bit poster

Had the same problem - but fixed it

Hi all,

Had a similar problem (even after the beta update) with not being able to connect my Blackberry through the USB connection. Got the following message:

"USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually".

I uninstalled PocketMac and turned on the autoconnect capability in the USB Controller and the problem went away. :D

I am not a technician but I am guessing that if the mac has a driver that is talking to the device then the device will not work properly in the Windows environment because the host OS is already talking to the device.

Hope this helps!

David

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006