can't mount iso file vmtools.iso to CD/DVD

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by nghienmatuy, May 22, 2006.

1. nghienmatuy

nghienmatuy Bit poster

I have read help of parallels workstation about "solaris network driver install" to install RTL8029 but when i connect to vmtools.iso image but i can't find where it mount . i find in "/cdrom" but it isn't here , i tried this command "#mount /dev/dsk/c0t1d0p0 /cdrom" and get message "mount: /dev/dsk/c0t1d0p0 write-protected".Please help me

2. mhammett

mhammett Bit poster

You need to add two switches to the 'mount' command:

#mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/dsk/c0t1d0p0 /cdrom

3. dafuser

dafuser Bit poster

I'm having a problem mounting the the image too. When I use the command shown above, I get
    the following error:

mount: Operation not applicable to FSType -hsfs

I'm running Parallels under OS X and if I give the mount command alone, I see c0d0s0 and c0d0s7 as mounted partitions. Any ideas how I can mount the image required to install the Solaris networking drivers?

4. dafuser

dafuser Bit poster

I figured out how to get to the vmtools.iso file and didn't need to use the mount command at all.

My networking is now up and I I now have a working SUSE, WinXP and Solaris 10 VM.
    I can SSH to and from the OS X machine to the Solaris 10 VM.

5. SolarisMac

SolarisMac Bit poster

How did you end up mounting the vmtools.iso?

I am running Solaris 10 11/06 and I can't seem to mount a cd or iso at all.

6. SolarisMac

SolarisMac Bit poster

I have solved the issue. When setting up the CD/DVD in the configuration editor, in the attachment options for the CD/DVD options I had to select IDE 0:1. After the change, the vmtools image automounted in Solaris. When I set up the device originally it defaulted to IDE 1:0.

For the benefit of others on the forum my set up is as follows:

2.1 Ghz MacBook Pro
    2 GM RAM
    Parallels 3188
    Solaris 10 11/06 with 784 MB memory allocated.