System Restore in XP sp2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ilovetrucks, Jul 11, 2006.

1. ilovetrucks

ilovetrucks Bit poster

I've been running paralles for two weeks now and it runs awesome on my MacBook 2.0 with 2 gigs of ram and 100 gig 7200rpm harddrive. One thing I noticed is system restore in XP registry is set to disable, does parallels affect that setting before I enable in the registry figured I check.

2. RujusMacBook

RujusMacBook Member

My system restore is enabled by default so I do not think that Parallels has any effect on it. I also have not seen any documentation to say that Parallels at all minds if you use system restore.

Hope that helps!

3. Marko

Marko Member

by default WinXP ha System Restore Turned On.
    Right click My Compuer and select Properrties and theye will be a Tab called "System Restore".

Running Parallels Compressor to shrink WinXP will remove "System Restore" from My Computer Properties and disable it.

4. ajay

ajay Hunter

No Restore Tab on WinXP Pro

Looked at My Computer/Properties panel on my version of WinXP Pro, there is no System Restore tab to be found. I have, in the past, used Parallels Compressor. If that removes System Restore is there a way to reinstall it?

5. Marko

Marko Member

Running Parallels Compressor 'Disables' it!... and removes it from the My Computer Properties Windows.