not able to find shared folders

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by noahwallach, Jul 31, 2006.

1. noahwallach

noahwallach Junior Member

so I am not able to see my shared OSX folders in my XP partition under the entire network option. i am sure how to troubleshoot this. might somebody have some recommendations?

Here is what I was planning on doing. Step 23 is not showing the Parallels shared folders.

--- snip ---

1) Start Menu - My Network Places

2) Once Open look for Entire Network option on the left and click it

3) On the right you will now see one or more networks INCLUDING Parallels Shared Folders, double click it

4) Now you will only have one option called Parallels Shared Folders.

5) DOuble click it and all your shared folders appear.

6) This is convoluted which is why I make shortcuts for all my shared folders and keep the shortcut on my desktop.

7) Then All I need to do to access the shared folder is double click the shortcut.

--- snip ---

cheers,

Noah

2. noahwallach

it is step 3 that is not working

3. ksigit

ksigit Junior Member

Hi,

There is an option in the Parallels Tool to put the shared folder shortcut in the desktop.
    Parralels tool Center -> Shared Folders Tool (enabled) -> Place shortcut in the desktop

BR,

4. noahwallach

well I dont have parallel tools installed. and doing that right now by clicking VM->

I am unable to find "Parralels tool Center" option. where is it located - I dont see it from the top pull down menu.

cheers,

Noah

5. ksigit

ksigit Junior Member

You have to enabled it first in the parallels menu (when the VM is off). Go to edit (your chosen VM) -> shared folder -> enable it -> click on "+" sign to add Mac folder to shared.