Tab/Shift/Caps Lock issues running WinXP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by cult hero, Jun 29, 2006.

1. cult hero

cult hero Bit poster

I'm currently running one of the core duo Mac minis with a gig of RAM and a normal Apple Keyboard. I have installed the newest version of Parallels and run Windows XP it. Intel Vx is enabled and seems to be working fine.

With that said, I'm having problems with the keyboard that I don't understand and I'm wondering if it is because of the Apple keyboard being used.

Whenever I'm in Firefox, if I press shift or turn on the caps lock key, tab starts behaving strangely. In fact, it's not just Firefox, but any application. Even Notepad. After I have pressed caps lock or shift, if I press tab after that, it jumps me down to the taskbar and removed focus from the current application window.

Anyone have any idea what's up?

Should I get a normal PC USB keyboard?

2. cult hero

cult hero Bit poster

Problem Solved...

Just a head's up for anyone having wacky typing problems in Windows (and I'm sure this extending to any OS). If you're using TypeIt4Me like I am, make sure you selectively disable it for Parallels. That's what was causing the problems for me.

3. karlie

karlie Bit poster

cult hero,

can you try the same with 512 MB of RAM?
    I had issues with ctrl+f3 untill I reduced the memory of my Windows VM from 1024 to 512 MB

4. sloosley

sloosley Member

clut hero, thanks for the heads up on TypeIt4Me. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what in the world was going on with my XP keyboard … alas now I know. Thanks!!!

5. Riccardo Ettore

Riccardo Ettore Bit poster

TypeIt4Me

I have been made aware of the effect TypeIt4Me has on using TAB while in Parallels Desktop for Mac and will investigate a solution.
    Meanwhile, you need to quit TypeIt4Me while doing work in Parallels.

Thanks for your patience,

Riccardo, TypeIt4Me developer
    http://www.typeit4me.com

6. sloosley

sloosley Member

Cool. Thanks Riccardo!!! You have an awesome product (TypeIt4Me). Keep up the good development. You're helping many of us in numerous ways.