Increasing screen resolution with Suse Linux

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by SnarkyAardvark, Aug 6, 2006.

1. SnarkyAardvark

SnarkyAardvark Bit poster

I have had a successful install of Suse Linux under Parallels on a Intel Mac Mini. However I am not able to increase the screen resolution beyond the default install resolution of 1024 by 768.

I have used Sax2 to edit the screen resolution and card resolutions but the changes seem to have no effect. I have verified that the changes are making it into the .conf file, but there is no effect upon rebooting the Suse Linux Virtual machine.

I would greatly appreaciate any help or suggestions.

Cheers,

Snarky

2. david

david Member

I am having the same problem with a VM running Ubuntu linux but I have not looked very deeply for a solution yet. I will post something if I find it.

3. gigamike

gigamike Bit poster

fwiw, I was not able to get either Suse or Ubuntu to dispay anything better than 800x600 (editing xorg.conf) on my 15" MBP. I was able to get full 1440x900 using Mepis6 and Fedora5. Sucks about Suse 10.1 as that's what I use at work.

4. djchem

djchem Bit poster

It is possible to increase the resolution using YAST. If you change the monitor to a suitable lcd, I have chosen lcd 1280 x 800 @ 75 Hz and this gives me the choice of a number of resolutins that actually work! I am using a Macbook by the way so you might have some joy if you play with the monitor settings.:)