No discussion of the new beta today?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by hhwong, Aug 8, 2006.

1. loa

loa Bit poster

garmin gps support please

please
    please
    please

my forerunner 305 really wants to hang with parallels...

2. akac

akac Hunter

So far the video speed is dramatically faster. Hooray! Will test Wm5 debugging later. My wish for raw disk access still not there, though :)

3. sportwa72

sportwa72 Bit poster

It's Working! It's Working! It's Working! Soooooo Happy!!!!

My smartcard reader now works (SCR3310) and I can use it to authenticate to my work network, and my Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC device syncs flawlessly.

Those were my only two outstanding issues with Parallels. Great work!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

4. conalho

conalho Member

Garmin Forerunner 205 -- NOT WORKING

Just like a previous poster who said the 305 isn't working with Parallels, I'd also like to add that the Garmin Forerunner 205 isn't working with Parallels.

The one slight improvement is that Parallels does not complain that another process is using the Garmin. But, like before, it cannot actually access the Garmin.

Please, Parallels Development team, I hope in the next final release, this will be solved. A lot of us Mac users want to see this working. Garmin is a very popular brand for GPS.

Thanks!

5. kaidomac

kaidomac Member

Do you think we'll ever get a better emulated video card?

6. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

What do you exactly want from video card?

PS: 3D support feature is under investigation. I can't promise we will implement it in particular version, but we do understand it is important for our customers and we are concerned to support it.

7. woodsmithnh

woodsmithnh Bit poster

DoD CAC SmartCard Reader now works

All smiles here, my DoD smart card reader now works perfectly. Well done Parallels.

8. conalho

conalho Member

Any word on Garmin support?

Any word on Garmin support? Just a few days ago, I installed Boot Camp just so that I could use my Garmin. I'm hoping that very soon I can remove that partition and use my Garmin with Parallels. :confused:

9. kwojniak

kwojniak Junior Member

Wow, this version is much faster on my MacBook. Parallels had been kind of laggy, especially resizing windows, and I thought it was just because the MacBook's graphics sucked. But this update really improves it! :D

10. clbell

clbell Bit poster

I'm impressed with it so far. It feels snappier. Shared folder access is also much quicker.

Good work guys!

11. firestarter

firestarter Bit poster

Another vote for Garmin support...

Parallels is a fantastic product - unfortunately the only thing I still need Windows for is to support my (numerous) garmin GPSs. I don't want to waste a load of disk space to bootcamp - Parallels would be a much preferred solution!!

12. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

I just did installed the latest build Parallels-Desktop-1862-Mac.dmg and so far so good :) But more time will tell :)

13. rinconj

rinconj Member

I just tried it with my MacBook and MSN messenger can now use iSight's microphone as audio input, but the camera is not working yet.

Going to try more USB devices tonight.

14. fredcast

fredcast Member

Garmin! Garmin! Garmin! Garmin! Garmin! Garmin! Garmin!

This has to be one of the most-requested features on this entire forum. Please, Parallels People, fix this problem. I can't stand having to reboot into Boot Camp, just to access my Garmin Edge 305.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

------------------------------------------
    David
    The FredCast Cycling Podcast
    http://www.thefredcast.com

15. ajay

ajay Hunter

For those of us with a permanent activation key, do we need to access the registration key number as part of the install of the beta, or is it automatic. If we need to access our key, I'll have to find mine.

16. bigman

bigman Member

Yes, Germin support! I still need to carry my old acer along with me (no space for boot camp).
    Please.

17. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

It is automatic - don't worry.

18. dgcassidy

dgcassidy Junior Member

The beta installed without any problems but synchronizing with ACT! (using ACT! Link for Palm) to my Treo 650 still fails with the "connection was lost" error message. Bummer... Any idea when this issue might be resolved, guys?

19. one1step1

one1step1 Bit poster

I am in need of seeing the Sandisk Cruzer Micro U3 working. I want to be able to switch back and forth between parallels and boot camp, and this device could help ease the transition, since it has the U3 software and technology on it.

20. extensivegroup

extensivegroup Member

Nice update -- good work so far while running WinXP Pro and OpenSuse 10.1 -- definite video improvements, and overall everything feels faster.

Was there anything done to the actual BIOS emulation?