Cannot connect to USB Nokia N70 Phone

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rhargey, Aug 9, 2006.

1. rhargey

rhargey Bit poster

I have just downloaded the latest beta and was looking forward to sync with my Nokia N70 phone using the USB cable. I continously get the following message "USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually." This is the same message I got with the previous versions. I am using a Macbook. Any help will be deeply appreciated
    Regards
    Rasheed
    South Africa

2. sgmiller

sgmiller Bit poster

I have the same problem with the Sony K800i. The beta has not fixed this for me either.

3. wrighth1

wrighth1 Bit poster

Same problem with E61 and TomTom Rider

Still getting the same USB conflict problems with Nokia E61 and TomTom Rider - so nothing better for me in this version of Parallels. Going to see if I can get a refund and wrestle with Microsoft and install Boot Camp which works fine with both devices.
    Howard

4. kpop

kpop Member

No support for the most popular phone brand

http://news.com.com/Nokia+market+share+back+at+35+percent/2100-1039_3-6043931.html

These devices are much more common that the GPS navigators (or whatever) that also still have problems. So I would hope the fix would have quite a high priority, no? :confused:

This is the only thing missing for me in Parallels, but so important (Outlook sync) that I am also pondering a switch to BootCamp (or to WMWare if they got it working). However, I really dig Parallels. Any hopes for a fix in a upcoming update?

5. roy

roy Bit poster

new beta has not fixed my motorola razr phone tools usb issue which is the main reason i bought the darn program.....bummer

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  6. LyBoE

LyBoE Bit poster

My Nokia cannot connect TOO

I have experience the same problem. Connecting my Nokia E70 to PC is what I need the most but Parallels still cannot do this. If anyone know, pls help. Thanks

7. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

all you have to do to fix this yourself is unload the USB driver that OSX loads when you connect the phone.

a more permanent solution was gievn by a user of this site a while back..

"The only way I've found to allow this is to remove the kernel extensions that handle CDC (Communications Device Class) connections. They're easy to find; just go to /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns. Everything in there that's called AppleUSBCDC*.kext needs to go. I suggest you back up the entire IOUSBFamily.kext before you try this. Reboot and everything should work. Please be careful, it would be very easy to screw things up.

This will disable USB modems (and cable modems) and will prevent you from using your phone as a tethered USB modem. I'm not sure if it affects Bluetooth dialup, but I don't see why it would, I'll try it out at some point. You can put all the extensions back if you need them and everything will start working again."

Works fine for me.. I can use any nokia phone in XP fine now.

8. LyBoE

LyBoE Bit poster

HELP!!!! My MacBook Cannot Log in????

:confused: Please help my MacBook Keyboard and Mouse doesn't work at the start up so I can't even key and log-in into my mac account in Mac OS. I've copied the original "IOUSBFamily.kext" before removing all CDC in "IOUSBFamily.kext", and after replacing the original "IOUSBFamily.kext" back to it's place this problem happened. Your help is much appreciated.