Keyboard loses shift/control/alt/command keys with Synergy & v1862

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Radnor, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Radnor

Radnor Bit poster

My setup is as follows: iMac (with keyboard & mouse) <-- Synergy --> Macbook Pro.

Synergy is a program that allows me to move the mouse and keyboard between desktops. The iMac hosts the keyboard/mouse, while the Macbook is the client.

v1862 has caused XP to no longer recognize the shift, control, alt, or command (windows-key) buttons. I've restarted everything, including synergy, and even installed the newest parallels tools into XP.

2. toddzman

toddzman Bit poster

Same Problem with x2vnc - Shift keys not working

The beta update also breaks support for shift keys when you control the Mac via x2vnc. If there is anyway to disable the new keyboard support in the beta update, please post it.

3. Radnor

Radnor Bit poster

Just want to mention that the modifier keys on the physical keyboard attached to the Macbook work fine. :) The problem is only when using the synergy-connected keyboard that the modifiers fail.

4. STim

STim Bit poster

Randor,

Thanks for bugreport.

Will you please describe your setip a bit more:
    1. PD is installed on MBP, right?
    2. Is Synergy server installed in MBP or inside PD?
    3. Was it working in 1848?

Regards,
    Tim

5. Radnor

Radnor Bit poster

Right, Parallels is on the MBP, along with the Synergy client.

The Synergy server is on the iMac. I am using Synergy v1.3.1.

The MBP Synergy client is running before PD is started. Keyboard Viewer (from the International Settings menu) shows the modifier keys working correctly. Once PD is started, no modifier key works within PD from my Synergy-connected keyboard. The keys do work within the MBP itself (e.g. Finder, etc.), as well do the modifier keys direct from the keyboard. Keyboard Viewer shows the keys are being registered from both keyboards, but PD only picks up the MBP's keys.

PD v1848 works perfectly with no problems.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  6. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

7. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

8. JBlond

JBlond Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem (shift key is not working).
    Where can I get the 1862.2?

Thanks in advance
    Matthias

9. toddzman

toddzman Bit poster

The same problem with x2vnc is not fixed in 1862.2 (shift keys don't work). Has anyone seen anything that talks about the differences between build 1862 and 1862.2? I found the download by Google searching 1862.2 after seeing it mentioned in this thread.

10. BenGottlieb

BenGottlieb Bit poster

This problem is still occurring for me, even with 1862.2. Any more suggestions? (I'm running Parallels on an iMac, and controlling the keyboard from a MacPro.)

Thanks!

Ben

11. maurj

maurj Bit poster

I've been having exactly the same problem (and it's been driving me barmy!). I'd not seen 1862.2 until I searched for it on Google and it came up via MacUpdate. Is it an official beta release?

Anyhow, it seems that 1862.2 makes the control key work with Parallels when controlled via Synergy, but still not the shift key, which is very frustrating! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Parallels Tools (to bring them up to date for 1862.2), and it makes no difference.

Some more info about my setup:

Parallels 1862.2 running WinXP Sp2, on a MacBook Pro 2.16GHz running 10.4.7, being controlled by a PowerMac Dual 2.0GHz G5 running 10.4.7. Both machines are using Synergy 1.3.1 (client on the MBP, server on the G5). It all worked perfectly on Parallels 1848.

Here's hoping that you can get this fixed soon, as it's making Parallels a lot less useful for me at the moment... :-(

BTW, am I able to revert to 1848, having previously run the 1862 betas? I'd rather lose the 1862 improvements and still be able to map the keys across.

Dave.