Parallels Beta -- Video errors in Full screen

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by conalho, Aug 9, 2006.

1. conalho

conalho Member

Similar to the latest final release, this latest beta release has a bug when it goes into full screen mode. It changes the size and position of all OS X windows that are already open.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

2. majortom

majortom Member

Not to me... though...

3. persike

persike Member

Yes, I experienced this, too.

A workaround is to use Parallels together with Virtue Desktops. Create a second, otherwise unused desktop and bind Parallels to it. Switching to fullscreen will now leave all other desktops intact.

Bye, Malte.

4. wesley

wesley Pro

It's not Parallels that shifts the size/location of the open windows, but rather, it's a reaction some OS X apps show when the resolution is scaled down. Happens all the time when I use a KVM that automatically lowers the resolution of the display that is not showing to 1024x768.

So I wouldn't consider it as a bug per se. Some people don't see this probably because the full screen mode resolution matches the OS X resolution or close to it.

5. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

There is a new button that seems to fix this for me...

Parallels Desktop-> Prefrences -> User Interface
    Uncheck "allow to change Mac OS X Screen Resolution"
    Check "allow to change guest screen resolution"

Now it won't move Windows around in MacOS, and you won't have black bars around the sides of the guest OS. It will, however, move all the windows around in the guest OS when you change out of fullscreen mode (as the guest OS screen is now smaller some things may have to move.)

Disclaimer: I only do this with Windows XP

6. conalho

conalho Member

EXCELLENT! This tip worked GREAT!