Win XP (education) disc not valid!?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by iamcam, Aug 13, 2006.

1. iamcam

iamcam Bit poster

I can only get as far as accepting the license agreement (fn-F8). After that it says I'm trying to use an upgrade CD and need to insert the install CD for a full versions of windows. I have the edu version of windows that's a couple years old, but I'm pretty certain it's the full version.

I tried booting from the CD as well as making an ISO and installing from that. No dice.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    cameron

PS: It might take a few days for me to respond to further questions - it's actually for my dad's computer, who lives two hours away. It takes a little bit of work to figure things out over the phone sometimes.

2. ksigit

ksigit Junior Member

Does it have SP2 integrated? If it doesn't, that's most probably the reason.

Nevermind.. I'm confused with BootCamp :confused:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  3. iamcam

iamcam Bit poster

Nothing on the packaging indicates that it's SP2. The CD itself reads "Version 2002"

Does that really matter, though? It seems to me that you should be able to install just about any intel-native OS on parallels.

4. James Bond 007

James Bond 007 Hunter

Here in Hong Kong the Education version of Windows XP on sale is the upgrade version of Windows XP Professional. If it is so in your case then it is no surprise that the setup program will ask for verification.

[​IMG]