Webcam, webcam, webcam...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tonyymh, Aug 10, 2006.

1. tonyymh

tonyymh Bit poster

My Logitech Pro 5000 still can not work under the latest beta update. Everything seems fine except the video window is in black. Anyone has better luck or good idea?

2. MCal

MCal Bit poster

I've got the Quickcam Pro for notebooks and that doesn't work at all either... Not even a black screen. Just complains that the device is already in use. What we gotta do to get access to webcam in windows messenger apps?

Al.

3. zedwards

zedwards Bit poster

I have installed the tools and then when i connect the webcam to my mac, the light goes on the cam. When i select the composite in the USB connections, it says the device is already in use, try again in 10 seconds. so close, yet so far.

4. juggledad

juggledad Junior Member

Well I did get a $14 generic 'PC Camera' to work. loaded the drivers and pluged it in. In this camera's case, it does not show up in the USB Device Tree. (About this Mac, -> More info -> hardware -> USB)

I wonder if the logictec is being partially recognized by OSX which is why Parellels can't grab it.

If it shows up in the USB Device tree you might see if there is a way to remove it (shut something down??) so OSX will release it and Parellels could grab it. Just a thought.

5. tonyymh

tonyymh Bit poster

Well, I tried a $8 generic webcam and unfortunately it was also recognized by the Mac. Can you let me know which brand and model you are using. I want to try that out.

And can anyone tell me how to turn off the USB PC Camera in Mac. I did not find a way to do that.

6. cazla

cazla Bit poster

my Dlink camera has the same problem as the initial poster - installs fine but it's a black window when in use.

7. zedwards

zedwards Bit poster

I wonder if any update to parallels will inlude a way to bypass the mac "loading" the camera partially? I even uninstalled my logitech drivers from the camera and mac still powers the camera so it would not load up in Parallels in WinXP.

8. dcunia

dcunia Junior Member

I have similar issues with QuickCam Pro 4000...the green indicator light on the camera lights when I plug it in, but the camera is not recorgnized and the status indicator in the lower right of the PD windows shows that the USB device is already in use.

9. tonyymh

tonyymh Bit poster

guys, follow juggledad's instruction, I bought a generic webcam with only USB1.1 support. It works! Though the picture quality is not good, at least I can work now. Mac completely has no idea of this device. :D

10. cazla

cazla Bit poster

my camera is a 1.1 that OSX doesn't know what to do with - still just shows up with a black window, though.

11. GrizzlyAdams

GrizzlyAdams Member

Same deal with my Logitech Fusion that others above are reporting with their Logitech cams: the drivers install now with the new Parallels beta and the light on the cam actually lights up but the video window is black in all apps. It seems like its so close so if anyone knows of a workaround to get these cams working that'd be awesome. It does seem to be an issue with OS X not releasing control of the devices.

12. Ainvar

Ainvar Member

I have the Logitech Fusion webcam also. I used the 10.0 software driver from logitech. It installs and see the camera, but I get a washed out blue screen when it is connected. The mic on the logitech is also partially working.

I feel like this is so close but yet so far away like everyone else and parallels seems to be that mute robot from Eurotrip.

I did get my Sony Bluetooth GPS (VGP-BGU1) working with the serial program found in this link.
    http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=926&highlight=Bluetooth+GPS+Serial

I was trying to use this to make the webcam work but it did not work :(

13. GrizzlyAdams

GrizzlyAdams Member

Thanks for letting me know about the new 10.0 drivers for my Logitech Fusion. This is good to know for my Boot Camp install of XP. I was having no joy with the 9 series driver but it's the same deal as you mention for me with 10.0. It really seems like OS X may be controlling the USB device. All I get is the background image even though the light on the camera comes on. I hope they get it working in Parallels soon.

With the new 1.1 Boot Camp the iSight camera works perfectly in XP now.

14. ajcooper

ajcooper Member

Hi,

I'm trying to get hold of the 10.0 drivers for the Logitech fusion. I've lost my install disk and can only download 10.5 from the website. The latest version of the beta seems to work with 10.0 (so I'm told).

Thanks!

15. armin_06

armin_06 Bit poster

isight on Win XP

How do you get this to work pl.? i have tried the steps as were mentioned by Tim from parallels in another thread. No luck!