Motorola Q - USB sync

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by joshv, Jul 5, 2006.

1. joshv

joshv Member

When I try to attach the Motorola Q to Parallels VM (XP) it immediately disconnects. Can anyone else confirm this behavior or assist with a fix?

TIA

2. akac

akac Hunter

Check the WM5 Sticky.

3. joshv

joshv Member

I appreciate the reply and am now aware of the workaround created by some helpful folks.

I guess this still leaves me wondering where Parallels is on the subject. Seems like I shouldn't need to mod my PDA to get it to work with Parallels.

This is certainly a bug and I, for one, would like to see a fix from Parallels that does not require a OS change on either the WM5 device or the Guest.

Parallels? Is the WM5 hack a "sticky" on this forum because this is the only way the issue will be addressed, or is a fix forthcoming?

Thanks.

4. akac

akac Hunter

I believe they said a fix is forthcoming. Its just taking awhile and they are not letting us know its status.

5. joshv

joshv Member

Thanks.... I guess I missed that thread.

6. joshv

joshv Member

Well I hope the fix was not in the 1862 build.... because this beta does not fix the Q...

7. akac

akac Hunter

With the beta, I was able to get my Treo to work - however I had to first turn off the usbswitch serial back to the original NDIS based synching. I just went into \WINDOWS and ran usbswitch.exe and voila - synching worked perfectly :)

8. joshv

joshv Member

I guess I'll have to break down and load the usbswitch.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006