USB SmartCard Reader Support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by ArmyDuck, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ArmyDuck

ArmyDuck Bit poster

I must say that I love Parallels desktop. My only gripe is that it does not support USB card readers. I would love to see this feature supported, then I could completely TRASH using a PC and be a "Mac only" guy running Parallels. Thanks!

2. loge

loge Bit poster

This would be nice!

I am also eagerly waiting for smart card support. I mean you need these thingies for a lot of things like VPN, Banking, etc.

Marc

3. loge

loge Bit poster

just downloaded and installed latest BETA. Still no luck with SmartCard Readers.

please guys. Do yourself a favor, put it in before VMWare supports it, because this would be definitely a switching reason Right now i have to use bootcamp for homebanking and that sucks.

Marc

4. tofergregg

tofergregg Bit poster

5. thuhn

thuhn Bit poster

Almost done

I just switched to the new beta from build 1848 to 1862. It is also important to reinstall the Parallel Tools using the VM menu.

The installation of my smard card drivers (Kobil Kaan Standard Plus, HBCI) works fine now and the Chipcard-Testtool runs the autodetection successfully. Unfortunately my home banking app still complains about an error.

I wonder if - even diagnostic says ok - the Mac OS is in the way but as I read the smartcard daemon pcscd is not running, neither checked by the activity mon nor by ps -aux | grep pcscd

Does anyone have another idea? I guess the banking app is ok as it works well under bootcamp.

Cheers