Beta USB support for Earthmate GPS LT-20

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Benja0901, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Benja0901

Benja0901 Bit poster

Is a no-go. Seeing the beta support for Isosynchronous USB devices, I got _REALLY_ excited. Sadly, after installing the beta and testing it, I still get the dreaded

"USB Device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process..."

Any ideas when this one will get fixed?

2. Ozy

Ozy Member

This is what it does for me too. Very frustrating, as I need this to work in parallels quite badly.

:(

3. TevK

TevK Bit poster

Too Bad

Currently the only thing I'm using bootcamp for is my Earthmate GPS. I was hoping to buy Parallels so I could kill my bootcamp partition, sadly it sounds like it's a no-go. :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed, though. Maybe the next release...

4. Ozy

Ozy Member

Version 1940, still a no go.

This is freaking stupid. What in the world is so hard about making this very popular USB GPS device work in OS X? Can someone from Parallels please explain to me? I do not want to use BootCamp just so I can run Street Atlas with my GPS while on the road.

Please PLEASE help me!

5. johnnybn

johnnybn Bit poster

Hey guys, I've got my LT 20 working perfectly with Parallels. I paid this guy $8 for a custom written driver for the LT 20 within Mac OSX. This driver makes OSX recognize the LT20 as a GPS unit instead of an I/O device (which is why it won't feed it to parallels). It works perfectly with my Street Atlast 2007 Plus, and I've been told it works with 06 as well. Go here:

http://web.mac.com/michaelsimpson/

6. Ozy

Ozy Member

I just shot him $8. I hope this works! Thank you so much for the lead.

7. johnnybn

johnnybn Bit poster

No prob! It works perfect! This is not his primary job; he does this on the side. It took him about a day to respond to me.

8. Ozy

Ozy Member

Ugh.. I sent him the money 5 days ago, and he hasn't emailed me yet. I hope he's still around!

9. boucdavw

boucdavw Bit poster

Earthmate LT-20 working

I was able to get the Earthmate LT-20 to be recognized in Parallels by installing libusb-0.1.12 and emul-1.0.10 in Mac OS X.

10. Ozy

Ozy Member

He sent them to me and I can confirm that the drivers work perfectly.

11. mcsenerd

mcsenerd Member

Well...I've tried everything I can think of to get libusb-0.1.12 compiled and installed on my C2D Macbook Pro...but to no avail. Got any suggestions? It seems to compile ok as far as I can tell...but when I try to make the install it just fails saying that it can't locate file for: -lusb. I've got the newest xcode tools installed.