Starforce

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Focher, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Focher

Focher Bit poster

Does anyone know if there is a workaround that will allow the Starforce copy protection system to work on Parallels? Is there any planned support for Starforce?

Thanks.

2. chartb

chartb Member

There are several games that I play that had the same problem... I was able to find "No-CD Patches" (a.k.a., cracks...) that make the various DRM schemes not a problem. Google for the name of the game, and "no CD" or such. (And do make sure your anti-virus is up to date, as many of the sites that you'll find are less than reputable...)

<pointless rant>
    As I've noted before, it sucks that the various "copy protection" junk that placed on games does nothing to keep people from copying them (you can get any game you want via bittorrent), but it does actually buying the game _less_ useful because the real disk can't be used in many places.

Although I always buy the games I want to play, I end up still having to get cracks and "pirate" versions of the games I just spent $40-$50 on, because the pirate versions are the only versions that will play in the VMs on my Mac and Linux machines!

I do make sure to send a "nicely" worded email to each game manufacturer when this happens... maybe someday they'll get it through thier heads that this is actually counterproductive...
    </pointless rant>

Now, if only we could get Direct3D support in place so I could play Civ IV in Parallels...