Parallels and Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by groovyjason, Aug 19, 2006.

1. groovyjason

groovyjason Junior Member

Will Parallels ever work on a mac pro? I have read all the threads, but no indication of a real fix. How about an ETA on a working version for your potential customers Parallels?

2. artpease

artpease Bit poster

And your existing customers, for that matter...

3. stormj

stormj Member

Don't you guys know that there's another thread one this board that some board nazi is going to tell you you should have searched for first (and thereby creating more waste than he was already complainting about)?

Seriously, though, you can use the nvram arguments posted in that thread and some registry tweaks to get it working in the meantime.

Cheers.

4. marcmec

marcmec Junior Member

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Hello All,

Mac Pro support is top priority task for development team now. Fix will be available in next public build.

6. johnaskins

johnaskins Bit poster

Great, but when?

When, in a general sense, can we look for the next public build? Within the week? Two weeks? Also, just for curiosity's sake, what did Apple do differently with the Mac Pro to cause this problem?

7. amnasti1@mac.com

amnasti1@mac.com Bit poster

i was sold parallels @the mac store . the cd boot can't find NTLRD. is this the string u peeps r reffering 2?? not compatible w/ macbook pro?
    looking 4 help.

8. amnasti1@mac.com

amnasti1@mac.com Bit poster

macbook pro

hi, what do u know about parallels and macbook pro. compatibility issues
    :confused:

9. BlueSkyISdotCOM

BlueSkyISdotCOM Member

Parallels is working perfectly on my wife's Macbook Pro. I'm not aware of any issues.

10. mcg

mcg Hunter

They're talking about the Mac Pro, not the Macbook Pro. The Mac Pro is the first true 64-bit offering, and that 64-bit support is causing Parallels some headaches. The Macbook Pro works just fine with Parallels.

11. Nuc

Nuc Bit poster

I wonder if there will be similar issues when Apple updates the MacBook Pro to the new Core 2 Duo's (merom). Hopefully if they can get it working on the Mac Pro then it will work on the new MBP's....

Nuc