Internet access on Guest OS

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by diavo, Apr 11, 2006.

1. diavo

diavo Bit poster

I installed Win XP as Guest OS and found that i could not access the internet. My network setting presently is at en0 with Wiki adapter ticked, though i've tried other combinations and none worked. i'm using a cable modem. :(

2. MBP User

MBP User Bit poster

I am having the same problem. From home on our wireless network I can access the internet no problem. From my office's wireless network I cannot access the internet via the wireless network. I manually changed the MAC address within Parallels to the MAC address on my airport card. Within XP under Parallels on the wireless network at work, it claims it has a LAN connection and I can ping sites such as www.apple.com and www.google.com, but neither IE nor FIrefox can get an internet connection. If I hardwire the laptop to the network with a fixed IP, it works fine, btw.

3. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

I have had no problems whatsoever, using DHCP, both at home and at my office. In both cases, my Mac got an IP address and my VM session got a different one and was able to connect to the 'net with ease.
    D

4. Chris Moss

Chris Moss Junior Member

I can't get wireless network access at all on my Airport network. I have the base station's IP address entered in the network configuration control panel, but I don't know the port to use. The VM properties window has all the options ticked (WiFi etc) and is set to en1. The advanced tab has only one type available (Realtek 8029(AS)) so nothing to change there. Any ideas?
    Chris

5. MBP User

MBP User Bit poster

Beta 3 fixed my problem connecting to the internet! Ready to pony up my $40 now. :)