Error 14 When Installing Windows XP!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by orbison, Aug 23, 2006.

1. orbison

orbison Junior Member

Hi, I have installed the demo version of Parallels and bought a copy of Windows XP to install.

However, very early on I am having troubles. First of all, what has me stumped at the moment is this error I keep getting while attempting to install XP:

"File \i386\c_1252.nls could not be loaded. The error code is 14
    "Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."

I've attached a screenshot of this for you.

Also, I'm attaching a screenshot of the Parallels Desktop -- I was, before, able to click the cd/dvd-rom1 link, but now I'm unable to -- in case that means anything.

Yes, my iMac is Intel.

Your help is appreciated... and if you are going to tell me to create an .iso file -- be sure to also tell me how, as I have no clue what that is. I feel the install documentation could've been done much better. I am spending a bunch of time trying to sort out what applies to me and what doesn't!

(Okay, I'm editing this post now because I forgot to add the attachments... but I don't see a way to do it upon edit... and my screenshot is not on the web, it is on my computer... so, hopefully you can help me without it. Thanks.)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  2. orbison

orbison Junior Member

Trying Again

Okay... so I'm trying a second time. This time when installing, I get this error from XP:

"The file viaide.sys is corrupted.
    "Press any key to continue."

What now?

3. orbison

orbison Junior Member

Please, any help -- anyone?

I'd really love some help here... I hate that I'm getting hung-up on something which should be so easy -- installation. Thanks in advance!

4. ksigit

ksigit Junior Member

Try make an ISO image out of the WinXP install CD, and then change the CD configuration to use this ISO image. You can use Parallel Desktop Image tools (Application -> Parallels -> Image Tools).

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006