Connecting to guest via RDP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by furfurfur, Apr 7, 2006.

1. furfurfur

furfurfur Member

Hi

I normally use RDP to administer my virtual windows machines (VMWare on Linux) however I can't seem to get this working very well. Probably a known issue with Parallels' networking.

Using either rdesktop compiled from source on the host machine, or Microsoft's remote desktop client, I generally get a black screen after a short delay, or sometimes a login screen where I can't type. In both cases the connection will drop off quite soon after that with "connection reset by peer".

Note that I can connect to other machines using rdesktop with no issues.

2. anshar

anshar Member

Do you use wired or wireless connection?

3. furfurfur

furfurfur Member

Wired networking on en0.

4. anshar

anshar Member

I've encounter some problems with wireless connection. But this is not your case...

5. enchiladas_verdes

enchiladas_verdes Bit poster

I can get this to work if the host and guest are using different ethernet adapters, but not when they are using the same adapter. On my Mini, I assigned the host to the wired Ethernet (en0) and the guest to wireless (en1) and have no troubles establishing an RDP session.

6. furfurfur

furfurfur Member

I've taken my mac home where I have a slightly more complete network, and confirm that with Beta 2, I still can't establish an RDP session to my guest from the host machine (even though ping is OK), but it works perfectly from any other machine on the network. It's nice and fast as well :)

7. furfurfur

furfurfur Member

Beta3 - it now works. Parallels (the company and the product) rock!!