Unable to allocate virtual machine memory

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by carmandale, Sep 1, 2006.

1. carmandale

carmandale Bit poster

Since upgrading Parallels Desktop for Mac, I keep getting this error:

Unable to allocate virtual machine memory!
    This error may occur mostly if there is no enough free disk space available on the physical disk to allocate virtual machine paging file. Try to clean up the physical disk (remove unnecessary files). If it doesn't help, try to re-install Parallels Desktop.

When I started getting this error, I had only 1 gig free on my HD, so I freed up 30 extra gig, and I still get the error message. I have the memory of the Windows XP virtual machine set to 512mb and the reserved memory limit set to 640mb. Sometimes if I reboot the mac, I can get it to start, but not every time. Clearly, I have enough HD space free. I get this with build 1848 and the beta. I have sent 4 or 5 tech emails to Parallels, with no response (besides the automatic, we got your email response.)

As a side note, notice the spelling error in their error message..."no enough free disk space" instead of "not enough"

Anyway, I was really enjoying using it, but can't get it to work anymore.

thoughts?

Thanks,
    Dale

2. cypher

cypher Bit poster

I have the same issue. Plenty of HD and RAM available (20GB and 1.5GB). Started when I started using the new beta.