Unable to Minimize Main Window

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by hydseek, Aug 30, 2006.

1. hydseek

hydseek Member

Hi, I am running into a situation where I am unable to minimize the main window when I suspend Windows XP - the main window is minimized when I quit or exit Windows XP - to clarify, the mnimized window is the window that is small and where I can see the tool bar on the right side and other icons on the botton. The problem is when I suspend Windows XP, I am back in the Mac OS X environment but the Parallels window is the size of the Windows resolution (large) with no option to minimize the window to a smaller size - how do I get the window to minize without having to shut down Windows XP? Looks like a bug which needs to be squashed by Parallels.

2. hotinplaya

hotinplaya Bit poster

there is a similar thread running here at this

http://forums.parallels.com/thread3871.html

I and others are having the same problem, funny thing with me , it worked fine for the 1st few days, I had auto update on, do not know if they did something or its a bug
    mike

3. TJandMAC

TJandMAC Junior Member

I agree with you.

4. TJandMAC

TJandMAC Junior Member

Bump.....Bump

5. sgpub

sgpub Junior Member

Minimising main window

Here's a copy of a note I put on the other thread.

This has happened to me once or twice. What I did to resolve it is to set up a custom resolution of 800x600 for the Video resource in the Parallels Configuration Editor for the VM. Then, when WinXP was launched, I set the display setting to that and it seemed to shrink the window.

Switching to full screen and back again works fine now.

Hope this helps.

SG

6. TJandMAC

TJandMAC Junior Member

Hokey smokes, that seems to work!

Took me a couple of tries to figure out what you meant, but now it works. Thanks! I hope this fixes the problem for good!