New Imac Intel core 2 duo

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by edelmiro, Sep 7, 2006.

1. edelmiro

edelmiro Junior Member

Hi, the actual versión of parallels desktop for mac, will can run in the new Imac intel core 2 duo?

Thanks
    Regards

2. majortom

majortom Member

I don't think there's a huge difference in porting PD to the late 2006 iMacs and the porting to the Mac Pros as the main problem is the low level HW/SW tewaking related to the new processor's architecture. If the problem is solved for the Mac Pros it should be also immediate for these iMacs.

3. luca

luca Member

Yes, new iMacs are 64-bit Core 2 Duo.

4. majortom

majortom Member

Luca: you're right but 64 bit is not the only thing that could make Meroms and Woocrests same. They might have some minor (or even: major) differences that can make the life hard to Parallels. Just supposing...

5. kgregc

kgregc Member

So what is the answer?

I have a new iMac 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo I purchased yesterday...and have not been able to run Parallels. After setting up the VM, when it turn it on....OS X (Tiger 10.4.7) crashes...

I just need to know if it is my problem, or Parallels will not yet work with Core 2 Duo chips.

Thanks,

6. palter

palter Hunter

Did you try the 1884 beta posted today? It's compatible with the Mac Pro's. I'd expect it would be compatible with the C2D (Core 2 Duo) iMac as well.

7. kgregc

kgregc Member

Thanks, got the VM to run...but can't load Windows XP Home into it because I can't get a Windows "Enter" command from my iMac keyboard... Any help with that?

Thanks.

8. kgregc

kgregc Member

All is well.

I clicked in the XP install window requesting I input "Enter" to begin install... clicking inside changed the input to the window, and by hitting the numeric keypad "Enter" key, I was off and running. Rest of the install went smooth and I'm up and running.....unfortunately downloading and running good ol' Anti-xx stuff. Ad-aware and Spy Bot have already found crap and cleaned it up... Sheeesh... I know now why I run Macs, 98% of the time!!