Norton Anti-Virus & Internet Security won't activate (connection incomplete)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Keith Clarke, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Keith Clarke

Keith Clarke Bit poster

Folks,

Can anyone with technical know-how help me out here. I'm struggling to get my ISP's bundled Windows security services (NAV & IS) to activate on my Parallels VM machine. Activation starts OK - it gathers information but then fails at the point where the VM attempts to connect to the activation server. I can't tell if it's a physical connection problem or that the Symantec server doesn't like the information it receives from my machine upon connection request.

The VM seems to be running fine with Internet access (via Bridged Ethernet, Default Adaptor). I have web access, Windows update works - even to install XP SP2 & autoupdates & Symantec live update works OK - it just fails because my subscription is expired as activation is needed. Naturally, as this lump of XP code is a security threeat to my Mac, I won't run without appropriate security measures, so it makes the Paralles environment unusable at present.

I've not fiddled with any OSX-side network settings yet - I've tried a second VM install but get the same issues. Any clues?

I'm running Tiger on a MacBook Pro with 2Gb - the VM is XP Home Edition.

TIA

Keith..

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

3. Keith Clarke

Keith Clarke Bit poster

Thanks Constant. It took longer to de-install NAV etc than install the grisoft components but now I feel safe to use my VM!

4. GFBurke

GFBurke Member

Please don't ever use norton trash.