Any thoughts on Leopard?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by MarkHolbrook, Sep 6, 2006.

1. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

Any thoughts on whether Parallels will work in Leopard? How long we will need to wait for a working version?

I know that no one knows... I'm just interested in feelings at this point.

Mark

2. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

Considering past history I would guess that Parallels will work on Leopard about a month or two after it is released...

We have until next spring until it's even out... the current version is out there so that software writers can see the changes in the API's. I don't remember this exactly but there is an old CS quote about one having to be nuts to run pre-release stuff.

3. giobbi

giobbi Bit poster

I have tried it with the first upgrade of Leopard.

PD start but looks lik sh**, wrong colors etc. Then it doesn't recognice the vm-files, and if i try to make my own, brand new image i get a kernel-panic.

4. majortom

majortom Member

It may also be that PD is Leopold compatible as soon as Leopold is realeased as they should have the pre-release version for testing as developers...
    Regarding actual PD on Leopold I'll tell you something in the next days when I'll get access to a machine of a developer that was at WWDC.
    I'm sure I'll get the same results of the last reply but I'm interest in looking how Leopold works with graphics also with other apps. We should have Q2D Extreme enabled by default at the end and this will surely be a problem (as it is actually a problem in rendering text).

5. virek

virek Member

What is this Leopold that you speak of? :)

6. majortom

majortom Member

Leopold is a member of another Mac Forum and some uf us (other meebers) now call Leopard -> Leopold in honour to him. It's just a joke... I thought it was quite comprehensible I was speaking about 10.5...

7. virek

virek Member

Sorry majortom...I was having a bit of a giggle too :D

However, In my defence I didn't make the link - oops :) I knew you were talking about 10.5, just didn't get why you called it leopold...now it makes sense, duh!

8. majortom

majortom Member

BTW... initially we didn't call Leopard -> Leopold but we asked Leopold if he was going to change his name in Leopard as from spring 2007.
    :D