USB audio support?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by loughkb@yahoo.com, Sep 7, 2006.

1. loughkb@yahoo.com

loughkb@yahoo.com Member

Just started 1884, and it seems to startup faster and work fine. Although I still cannot use either of my two usb audio adapters. I get the message that the device cannot be connected because it's in use.

I've pulled and replugged the devices in, no apps are using them aside from osx being aware of their presence. (is that the problem? if so, how can it be prevented?)

Parallels team, if someone selects a usb audio device in the menu, do you have to have parallels tell osx to let go of it?

One of the main uses for parallels for me is in ham radio. I have several windows only programs that do digital radio communications and need to give them access to the usb audio box I have my radios connected to. Can this be fixed?

Kevin.

2. loughkb@yahoo.com

loughkb@yahoo.com Member

Now other devices fail!

Argh! In the previous version, My Keyspan usb serial adapter did work just fine.

Now it's giving me the same "in use" error! It was fixed and working in the last release. Are we taking one step forward and two steps back here?

Kevin.

3. loughkb@yahoo.com

loughkb@yahoo.com Member

Now other devices fail!

Argh! In the previous version, My Keyspan usb serial adapter did work just fine.

Now it's giving me the same "in use" error! It was fixed and working in the last release. Are we taking one step forward and two steps back here?

Kevin.

4. k9jri

k9jri Bit poster

My Keyspan USB serial device works just fine with Digipan and MixW and I can use either the built in audio or the external Griffin iMic if selected as the default audio device in OS X. I cannot connect the Griffin iMic directly to the WinXP guest in Parallels though. I also get a "device in use" message that I am unable to resolve.

I am also using 1884.

Mike - K9JRI