Quicken wont run

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by joe the mac guy, Sep 4, 2006.

1. joe the mac guy

joe the mac guy Junior Member

I have a client that has a intel imac running parallels. We installed quicken and it ran great for about a week. The she called me and told me that parallels was giving her a message that "no boot device installed". I looked and saw what appeared to be a partial install of a second VM, with no windows installed. I deleted this second install and now win XP launches fine and all her apps work except Quicken. When she starts the app, the splash screen appears and then closes and the program never opens. Any ideas? The frustration level is very high here. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, another client... Installed bonjour and still not able to get officejet 6100 to work. The printing issues in parallels seem to be the most frustrating. Any insight?

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

There is another Quicken thread which talks about manually removing files that the uninstall misses, then reinstalling to make it run. I would copy out data files first.

The network printing should work. I have heard of many problems and have my own with printing directly to USB, however network printing seems to have a 100% success rate. I would be checking all the other things in the chain besides Parallels.

3. haralds

haralds Member

I've been running Quicken for months without problems.

The second VM looks like "Operator error" to me...

-- Harald