Display settings on MacPro with Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by oedipus_oxbar, Sep 7, 2006.

1. oedipus_oxbar

oedipus_oxbar Bit poster

Trying to get more than a 640x480 display resolution when running W2K.

I set my Guest OS Video settings to 1024x768. Started my Guest OS (W2K), then went into the Display control panel. I only have two choices there: 640x480 or 800x600. However, the 800x600 won't stick; it always goes back to the 640x480.

I am running a MacPro 2.0GHz with the base Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT video card and a 23" Cinema Display through a ADC-to-DVI converter.

Any ideas?

2. kwojniak

kwojniak Junior Member

Did you install Parallels Tools?

3. Pleiades

Pleiades Member

I had a different experience. With WinXP VM loaded with VT-X off (with it on, it KP's), it will give me the full resolution on my 30" Cinema Display. But when automatically switching to full screen mode, it won't change the resolution to the full screen but stays with my previous resolution. So in full screen, I always have to manually set it to 2560x1600.

And yes before anyone asks, I have the settings in the preferences right to allow Parallels to automatically adjust the screen resolution in full screen.

4. oedipus_oxbar

oedipus_oxbar Bit poster

No, what is Parallels Tools? I don't see that anywhere on the website.

5. joem

joem Forum Maven

It comes with the disk image. RTFM.

6. oedipus_oxbar

oedipus_oxbar Bit poster

Okay, thanks. I will. Again.

7. pjmann

pjmann Bit poster

I have the same probelm with my 30" cinema display...if you figure out how to correct this behavior please alert me...I will do the same.

8. odin

odin Junior Member

Same problem here. To get full screeen coverage, Windows has to be set to 2560x1600. If Windows is set to something less, when I switch to full screen it flashes briefly to full screen and then drops back to the set Windows resolution with a black border around it.

Preference "Allow to change guest screen resolution" has no effect.

I was hoping build 1940 would fix this.

Anyone have a solution?

MacPro 2.66 / 3GB Cinema 30"
    Parallels 1940 / 10.4.8