Build 1884 and Vista

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by UKP, Sep 7, 2006.

1. ZBoT

ZBoT Member

That worked perfect! Thank you!

2. buxtons

buxtons Bit poster

That seemed to help with many of the drivers...thanks!

only one not updating is the PCI bridge...is this just a casualty until a new parallels?

3. kwojniak

kwojniak Junior Member

Weird. I tried to install Beta 2 first, and had no problems, but then cancelled it because I was downloading RC1. But then RC1 doesn't even work.

I wonder, did Parallels even attempt to test RC1? :confused:

4. scottmcdaniel

scottmcdaniel Junior Member

Well, in all fairness, it only came out today.
    :)

My b2 won't install...keeps BSOD on me. Using Leopard WWDC as the Host though. I wonder if there's an issue there?

My BSOD code is:
    STOP: 0X000000A5 and it happens as soon as the 'Windows is starting' text disappears, about 45 seconds into install...

5. stormj

stormj Member

Upgrading to Beta 2

I copied my virtual hd, created a new vm and linked it to the copy, booted in XP, was warned that I shouldn't do that with machine specification set to Vista, then inserted my beta DVD and tried to upgrade and was told that this machine was not compatible with vista.... i checked device manager and it doesn't recognize it as an ACPI pc....

Do I have to do a clean install??? Help!

6. Wonni

Wonni Bit poster

Hi,

I think that is the floppy drive, i have it dissabled and in the older versions of Parallels i found the same issue.

Wonni

7. Roger M

Roger M Junior Member

when you say "mount" the tools, do you mean to burn the .exe to a cd and run it from the CD? I'm confused what you mean here. Thanks

8. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2006
  9. Roger M

Roger M Junior Member

great! thanks. I can't wait to get home and try this out.

OSX is of course far superior to windows, but vista is def a nice improvement if you have to use windows (which I do for work).

10. Nightwolf

Nightwolf Member

hnmm
    beta 2 installs fine

will try to update beta 2 -> rc1 after installing it!

11. scotty1024

scotty1024 Bit poster

I've tried Beta 2 from the DVD Microsoft sent me and I get a boot failure.

After the progress bar reaches the right hand side it announces that NETIO.SYS is missing or corrupt.

Has anyone else had luck with installing from DVD or do I need to go DL an ISO?

12. sud0n1m

sud0n1m Bit poster

Err - screenshot of the error

Here is a screenshot of the error I get trying to install RC1. Believe a lot of you are getting the same. We'll probably have to wait for a fix from parallels!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  13. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

14. davidwsica

davidwsica Member

Is Aero working for you?

15. GregMeach

GregMeach Bit poster

Hi - I just installed beta 2 from the Microsoft DVD. I created a new VM and set it to boot off the CD first. I'm up and running with all but the PCI bridge driver installed. From the other posts, this is as far as I can go until we get another Parallels update.
    :)

16. jeffmc

jeffmc Junior Member

Beta 2 seems to be working fine, although i can't figure out how to install the parallels shared file app. I cannot see the install on the ISO

17. davidwsica

davidwsica Member

I've got Beta2 up and running from the ISO with just a couple of issues:

1) Looks like it won't install an updated sound driver (though sound seems to work ok)
    2) I'm not sure but I don't see anything about Aero support, can anyone confirm if Aero is supported via Parallels and if so how to turn it on?

David

18. Roger M

Roger M Junior Member

Well....I tried the tools...no go.

19. dm3

dm3 Member

I was all excited about the new Parallels update with "Vista" support, only to try Vista RC1 and get the same bsod everyone else has reported. Seems like Parallels should have withheld this update or their claim of Vista support until they tried the current Vista release. I guess I don't have great confidence they'll fix it soon, Qemu doesn't have it working either.

20. GerryA

GerryA Bit poster

Thanks Re Vista now working

The mouse sync was the last bit for me. I have now installed fully working Vista Beta 2 with network connection working through my Airport connection. Using Macbook pro 17". Latetest Parallels update. At first could not get network to work but I went through Device Manger updating eveything that would update then rebooted Vista.

GA