Build 1884 and Vista RC1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tevendale, Sep 7, 2006.

1. tevendale

tevendale Bit poster

Hi Guys,
    Just tried the latest release with Vista RC1 - the install gets as far as "Windows is loading files" then Blue Screens with "STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0001000B, 0x50434146, 0xFFD01050, 0x00000000)

This is Build 1884 installed over an earlier release (Sorry, not sure which build) running on a Mac Mini 1.66 GHz, 2 GB Ram.

Regards

Stuart Tevendale
    OTAG Technologies Ltd
    ===
    iSMARTtrain - Polar Software for Mac OS X
    http://www.ismarttrain.com

2. bobbyt

bobbyt Hunter

Same problem here...

"Experemental" is right... Ouch...

3. bhagiratha

bhagiratha Member

I just installed the 1884 build, tried Vista RC1 ... instantly got a blue screen with the above code. I have an intel 20" imac core duo system.

4. mcqueary

mcqueary Member

Ditto on the Mac Pro. Exactly the same same problem with Vista pre-RC1 build 5536 and Parallels build 1884.

5. scottmcdaniel

scottmcdaniel Junior Member

Same here. Fresh VM, using Leopard WWDC though, on a MBP. 16gb/900mb VM config...

6. egilDOTnet

egilDOTnet Bit poster

Same... So I guess the Vista experimental is highly experimental, and only works with one of the older betas or so? It would be nice with a new beta release of Parallels to try to get Vista running though.

7. tevendale

tevendale Bit poster

Vista RC1 WAS just launched yesterday, so I don't suppose the Parallels guys had much of a chance to test it.

I'll try the August CTP release (Build 5536) at the weekend, and see how that works.

Regards

Stuart Tevendale
    OTAG Technologies Ltd
    ===
    iSMARTtrain - Polar Software for Mac OS X
    http://www.ismarttrain.com

8. UKP

UKP Member

5536 doesn't work. Only build thats known to work is Beta 2.

9. y3k

y3k Junior Member

Anybody knows where to download beta2 from? I have tried July CTP and RC2 - none of two is working.