Time is running out on Parallels if USB support is not forthcoming

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by patches, Jul 5, 2006.

1. garyaj

garyaj Bit poster

Sony MiniDisc on USB only partly seen

Being able to extract live audio recordings from my minidisc is the only reason I keep an old Win PC around. I was hoping Parallels would allow me to finally pull the plug on it but sadly, no. The 'Loading USBSTOR.SYS' message pops up when I plug in the MD on a USB port but it just hangs and I have to reboot the VM. (A USB Flash RAM works with no problems.)

The good news for me however is that Boot Camp does support the MD and even copes with all that DRM baggage that Sony cripples all its products with.

Ta ta to one old PC!

System: Parallels Build 1848, WinXPPro+SP2 on MacBook 2GHz 2GB 100GB

2. petard

petard Bit poster

Hmm. Sounds like somethign might be keeping pcscd going, or trying to start it over and over.

Is there anyting in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons, /System/Library/LaunchAgents, /Library/LaunchDaemons or /Library/LaunchAgents (or your Users/<yourname>/Library analogs) that contains "tokend"?

If so, maybe try issuing

Code:
    sudo launchctl stop tokend
    (or whatever name from those directories, minus the ".plist" contains tokend)

from the command line before starting parallels.

3. garyaj

garyaj Bit poster

RC 1884 now supports Sony MiniDisc MZ-NH700

But remember to (re-)install Parallel Tools once you've booted XP.

4. bobodobo

bobodobo Member

True. For PPC Macs, it seems to be the only solution for Garmin USB GPS units. Ask the developer for 1.9.7 beta (current release is 1.9.6). It works!