Mac Pro <= 2Gig OK >2Gig NG

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by blomasky, Sep 10, 2006.

1. blomasky

blomasky Member

Is this correct? For those of us who purchased a Mac Pro with 4 GIG we wait until there is a new build and those with 2G or less can stumble along with with this build.

Am I Missing Anything? Maybe much, since I have had a couple of drinks tonight...

Bruce

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  2. jbmelby

jbmelby Member

I've had a couple, too . . . but although I don't have 4 GB, I have 3, and I'm able to run build 1884.

3. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Confirmed. I have 2 GBytes. I'm working fine with build 1884, but I'm not stumbling.

- I have local networking and Internet access via bridged ethernet, though since I don't do much browsing from VMs I maybe wouldn't know whether there are any problematic sites.

- I only have Linux and Win 98se to I don't seem to suffer the VT-X issue - I assume that's XP-specific?

- Oh, and as shared folders are only available in XP, I don't have that issue either.....

Alan

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  4. stormj

stormj Member

I have 4G and I'm regretting going with this "RC" build. I get a kernel panic just about half the time I start the VM. I've sized my RAM down to 4000 using the NVRAM command, as Parallels tells me to. I've also experimented with the legacy option. No joy.

I'm considerign reverting to the last release build and just using the -legacy workaround. It did fine for quite a while.

5. zzzachi

zzzachi Junior Member

Mac Pro 2.66 GHz 3 GB RAM

I have 3GB RAM and Build 1884 doesnt work!

Sudden stops on startup of my old VM and
    Kernel Panoc trying to create a new VM.

Starting my old VM (Windows XP Pro) in Safe mode works although....

6. Pleiades

Pleiades Member

I have 3GB and it doesn't really work for me unless I have VT-X off. But then, what's the point? I'll wait until the next build before I try this again.