Build 1884 and Vista

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by UKP, Sep 7, 2006.

1. scottmcdaniel

scottmcdaniel Junior Member

Update to my previous posts: instead of installing using the DVD, I used the actual disk image, and Beta2 installed without a hitch.
    No Aero, of course, but everything else sems to be working fine. Nice and fast...

2. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

GA,
    How did you get your airport network working? I trid updating the PCI ethernet adapter and it didn't update.
    Initially when I installed everything worked but I can't get any network going. I'm using airport bridged on my MBP but I can't seem to get Vista to recognize that I have any networking device installed.
    Anyone got any ideas?

TIA.
    Peter

3. Roger M

Roger M Junior Member

I also get an error when trying to update the ethernet driver. I keep getting an error stating that there was a problem installing the software.

4. davidwsica

davidwsica Member

Did you navigate to the /Library/Parallels/Drivers/Network/PrlEth/WIN2000.XP.2003 directory for the driver?

5. scotty1024

scotty1024 Bit poster

That sums up what I tried. The exact same DVD installed last night on my LE1600 so I know the bits are good.

I'm going to rip the DVD to an ISO and try that. I guess I'll be trying RC1 on my LE1600 though...

By the way, open enrollment for the Office 2007 Beta 2 opened today, let 'er rip.

6. Roger M

Roger M Junior Member

ummmm no. I was told to just go to /Library/Parallels/vmtools

i'll try this when I get home, thanks

7. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Good news everyone...(c)Futurama

Vista RC1 works here (in our labs) and will work in release version of course. But now you can run only Beta2 and prior versions of Vista.